Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Explorer Aft Balcony Cabin #8690

Heading out on The Explorer of the Seas next April. Just switched room and wondering if I made a mistake. We did have a midship balcony room (cat E1) on deck 8, but I now have an aft corner balcony (cat E1) on deck 8.
Our new room is #8690. I have read a lot of nice things about aft balconies, so I figured I'd give one a try. But have recently read that some are not so nice. (ie: no window and not so nice deck or view). I am so confused now and need advice!

Does this room have a good sized port hole window with a single door?
or does it have a sliding door?
How is the balcony? can you sit out the comfortably? Hows the view?
Will 3 people, 2 adults and 1 child (9) feel comfortable in this room?

I know it has a pullman bed, my daughter can't wait for that, but we just want some natural sunlight to come in, and not feel like we are in a cave. Plus a nicer deck with view would be awesome!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Mariner of the Seas (July 2006)
Mariner of the Seas (April 2007)

Freedom of the Seas (July 2007)
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Explorer Aft Balcony Cabin #8690

After carefully checking every picture I could find, I switched the cabin again!
We now have 7388, (corner, aft, starboard side) deck is very large and it has a sliding door, unlike the other room. I think this is the best choice.
What do you guys think?

Mariner of the Seas (July 2006)
Mariner of the Seas (April 2007)

Freedom of the Seas (July 2007)
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Explorer Aft Balcony Cabin #8690

We had an aft balcony on deck 10 in the corner. Be careful with deck 7,8,9 aft cabins.....from deck 10, they can look down at your balcony and see everything you do.

You are much better off with the corner cabins, because you get a much better view to the sea. All the full aft facing cabins have a lot of metal support beams to look through to see the water.

The aft balconies are the same width as the other balconies, but they are much deeper in size! The corner afts have a slighly wider balcony than the side balconies. You will love the floor space in the corner aft cabin. It is not shaped like the others, it is more square than rectangle.