Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2005, 07:05 AM
mare

Default carribean in late july

i'm thinking about doing a carribean cruise at the end of july but i'm concerned about the weather. i've heard it might not be a good time to go down there, but it's the only time i have. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Passenger

Default Re: carribean in late july

are you concered about the heat? I have cruised in the carribean July 7th and also during the winter. I thought the July cruise was fine. I really didn't even notice that it was hotter on the ship due to the breeze, etc. Sometimes at the ports of call it was a little warm, but I would have no problem cruising in July again.
Old May 28th, 2005, 02:44 PM
mare

Default Re: Re: carribean in late july

actually, i am a tiny bit concerned about stormy weather. it's our first cruise, and i don't want the kids getting seasick!
Old May 28th, 2005, 05:56 PM
First Mate

I wouldn't be concerned I never experienced any increase in storm activity in July, I have never cruised in the winter. I wouldn't be concerned either about the kids being seasick.
The kids seem to weather rough seas better than the adults.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Admiral

The heat in the ports is the only concern I'd have cruising the Caribbean in July. Yes, you are at the beginning of the hurricane season, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. If you can safely board the ship, the captain will take you as far away from the storm as needed for your safety, and comfort. Have a great cruise!
Ken
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have sailed twice in mid July to both eastern/western carib. The weather was hot and there were only two very small rainshowers. On both ships the waves caused minor motion but nothing exterme. I have sailed in late April to the carib and found the weather was fairly cold(Im a Floridian) and the winds rocked and rolled the ship much more than in July. I prefer to cruise in July for the heat and we have had good luck weatherwise on our past cruises. I would be pretty bummed out if it rained all day while the ship was at sea or at port. This time of year just seems to be a good time for us.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Passenger

I wouldn't worry about heat... when we were down in October they told us that September is the hottest month of the year in the caribbean. So July should be like their May.
Old June 6th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Passenger

We sailed the eastern Caribbean last July and loved it. Had great weather. I don't think it got hotter than the 80s, which is to be expected in July.

Now we are getting ready to sail the western Caribbean leaving Baltimore on September 2nd and I'm slightly concerned about hurricanes. They say September and October are statistically the worst months for hurricanes. (I guess that's why the price was so good!) But, we're going to take our chances and hope for the best!