Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:56 PM
ann mongelli

Default Royal Caribbean International

As Crown and Anchor members with Royal Caribbean we were entitled to early boarding of the May 23 cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. That was the only thing that went well! This was to be a 53rd anniversary cruise with our daughter occupying the cabin next door. It all began when we disco vered that the cabins across from us and next to us were occupied by young people. The shouting, banging and visiting began before the ship sailed and never stopped,. They left the cabin doors open so they could shout to each other. Many calls to the Purser, and in person visits to the Purser's desk brought about one person to "talk to them" Night after night there was very little sleep to be had. My daughter became ill, not seasick, and had to make three visits to the ship's hospital. She was very well treated, to the tune of $1400.00. The toilets malfunctioned on the second day and a large noisy machine was placed in the hall right outside her cabin. The Doctor had ordered rest, which was impossible. She was not able to partake of anything outside the cabin or get off at any of the ports. I have been in touch with an RC representative and after 7 calls in 9 days, she promised faithfully to call me today by 8:30 PM. I'm still waiting. We were issued special tags for early debarkation and were off the ship by 8 AM. Our luggage got off at 10! We stood while almost everyone else left with a sick daughter and no help. Beware if you are thinking of booking with Royal Caribbean. You will also be charged for water! The staff are very polite, but that's the only good thing I can say. Nevercruzagain.
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Royal Caribbean International

I am so sorry to hear about all the problems. It just blows me away that you had to put up with noisy adults who are not mature enough to think of others and no one did anything to help you. I am booked on Royal Caribbean next month and I hope I dont experience any of those issues. I hope your daughter is well now and do what ever you need to do to get some compensation for all that you went through.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:10 AM
First Mate

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I personally have never had a problem with RC but from these boards I see that others do. It is not acceptable for people to act as though they are the only ones on the cruise and do not have to respect others around them. I hope that RC rectifies the situation for you, and it doesn;t sour you from the cruise experience altogether.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:31 PM
hcat

Our trip on Brilliance in March (when many children were aboard) is another example of the cruise line not enforcing the rules. Children were in the spas & adult pool area & basically running amuck. We felt that any unsupervised children should have been returned to their aprents with a warnig that they must be supervised properly. The ship is not a park for running around on...and if the parents don't get it the ship administration should make sure other guests are not disturbed...hallways, stairways & public areas should be kept clear & elevators not used as play areas...It's such a shame because the ship itself was lovely but the lack of decorum marred the trip.