Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra
Default RCI "Dry Dock" Series on 6/12

I was watching a bit of it last night on....I think it was Discovery channel or TLC channel. It was about one of the ships being in drydock & the problems & stuff they had to go through to get the upgrades done on the ship. Voyager? I think it was???

Anyway, there's another dry dock show coming on this Sunday night, not sure what ship or if its a continuation. But if you flip through your local paper or cable guide, you should find it.

I think its on at like 9 or 10pm this Sunday. I found it a really good show. Enjoy!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: RCI "Dry Dock" Series on 6/12

I did see the show last Sunday and it is the conclusion of the same show. The ship being dry-docked is Royal CAribbean's Sovergn of the Seas. This last show is supposed to be 3 hours. I know I thought it was a very interesting show and looking forward to seeing the ship all nice and new.

BTW, its on TLC.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:19 PM
glojo

Default Re: Re: RCI "Dry Dock" Series on 6/12

very cool ...watched it on sunday, and will watch it this sunday too. Its nice the TLC has it on a few times in case you miss the first showing.
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB

Here is a completet listing of air dats and times.

http://tlc.discovery.com/schedule/se...=0&channel=TLC
Old June 10th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Yep, you are right! Soverign it was! Don't ask me where I got Voyager from.

It was pretty cool to see what they have to go through & how the rooms are pre-built & just slide into place. I didn't know that Freeport, Bahamas was the place they were working at until later in the show. I had seen the tropical water & had wondered where they were.
Old June 11th, 2005, 08:14 AM
hcat

It was very interesting but I think they made their own pressure cooker. Why not have allowed more time for things to go in a less harried manner--so they lose a few more dollars in bookings but seems the stress level was awful--hope it did not lead to lasting mistakes! Anyone who enjoyed this show will enjoy the photos & videos of the Enchantment streching posted earlier on this board--it was really fascinating.....