Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:02 AM
ghg

Default ice show

Does the ice skating show cost anything ? Do you need to purchase tickets? How soon after you board because will it fill up? How often do they have them? Will my husband enjoy it if he really doesn't think it sounds all that fun?
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ice show

No charge for tickets. We both enjoyed the show very much. Can't see why anyone wouldn't enjoy it. Pretty amazing what the skaters do on a moving ship!! They say to get tickets early.
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Nijoli

The tickets are free, but you have to pick up a free ticket EARLY in order to get a seat because it is very popular on the ship. To avoid overcrowding and people getting upset they started giving out tickets in advace.
Old June 10th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Yeoman

They have enough shows/tickets to cover everyone so as long as you want to go, you can see it. You cant get tickets for more than one show (theyre all the same). The rush to get your tickets early is so that you can get the day/time that you want, and so you dont have to wait in line forever. For example, we like to see it on a sea day since we are not exhausted from being in port, or being rushed at dinner. You do however want to get to the show early since it is open seating. Theres really not a bad seat unless youre stuck behind a support pole.

And please, for the sake of others, dont not come in late, and dont reserve seats (this goes for any shows)! During the last show my family went early but had to split up due do some seat hog who reserved an entire row. The people didnt show up until about 15-20 minutes into the show, were very disruptive (grabbing the backs of our seats as they sat, banged us as they walked behind, etc) when they did come, and turns out half of the seats the guy reserved were never used! I wanted and did sit down in them before the show started and told the rest of my family to do the same. They were making announcements and posted it on the tvs above our heads about not reserving seats. Well the guy about attacked me, and my family was getting mad at me for sitting there despite the fact that we would have to split up otherwise. Guess I shouldve stood my ground!

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old June 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

Saw the Ice show on both Explorer and Navigator I thought the one on Navigator was better. There are at least 2 nights where the ice show is offered in the compass it tells you when tickets will be given. If you have acess to the concerige you can also get it from him/her too. The ice shows are wonderfull. It is truly amazing how they can do what they do on that tiny rink. You can aslo skate during the week too but you must have long pants.
Lexi