Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2005, 08:24 AM
pamesh

Default grandeur to bermuda sunday any advice or review?

Hello all, leaving Sunday for Bermuda first time on the Grandeur anyone have a review or advice?
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Dan P

Default Re: grandeur to bermuda sunday any advice or review?

Have you ever been to Bermuda before?If not go to the library and get either the frommers or fodors book on Bermuda.You can read up on the Island and you can buy a pass for the public transportation and do all your site seeing from the bus.Get the schudule and be your own tour guide.You will not be the only cruiser on the bus.The bus pass is also good for the ferries.
I dont know how long you will be there ,but have fun.
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:46 PM
First Mate

Default Re: grandeur to bermuda sunday any advice or review?

The Grandeur is my favorite in the RCCL line. The staff are just so nice and personable. The food is excellent and the wait staff go out of their way to please you. The size of the ship is another reason we like this particular ship. We have sailed on her twice, the last time out of New Orleans and just can't rave enough about her. The Captain at the time we sailed March '03 was a really nice young man (36) then and he made himself available around the ship and was very personable. Maybe you will have him on your cruise he was great. People I know who have done the Bermuda cruise have said that the Atlantic Ocean can be rough, so my advice is to take sea sickness pills before you go. My sister in law just went in May and she was sick the whole first day at sea going but coming back no problem. Just a little warning!! Bermuda is a wonderful island and everyone said they really liked it there. The ship will be docked so you can come and go as you please(so they say) I don't know if that still holds true or not. Bermuda is a great place to go to and I'm sure you will enjoy both the ship and Bermuda. Have fun and have a wonderful cruse.