My friend and i are book on the monarch of the seas on 4/24/06 in a ocean view cabin. And we want know how great is the service? do they sell cigars on board? do they have robes in the cabins like in the ocean view cabins on Carnival? do they have room safes in the cabins? and how great is the food on board?
Hi Superkid, we are back on the Monarch again Friday. I can answer most of your questions:
* Service is very good ... a lot always depends what cabin steward you get, but we had great luck, as well as with our wait staff.
* You can easily buy cigars in Ensenada. Don't know if they are sold on board -- don't recall seeing them.
* Robes in the cabin if you are Platinum members, but otherwise no.
* No room safe, and be prepared the Monarch's cabins are tiny, especially compared to Carnival's standard.
* I loved the food in January -- had vastly improved since when we were on her a year earlier. But that chef left after our last cruise. A co worker just renturned and said the food was still excellent.
Hope that helps ... I will be penning an article/review when I get back Monday.
__________________ Harry Martin
Moderator - Mexico and G/L message boards