Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Passenger

Default Ground Transportation in Orlando/Port Canaveral area????

Does anyone know the aproximate price of roundtrip transportion from Orlando International to Port Canaveral? Or any ground transportation services?

Thanks in advance!

Post Edited (06-14-05 18:06)
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:28 PM
GMan

Default Re: Ground Transportation in Orlando/Port Canaveral area????

bstodghi1,

On the web look up Orlando ground transportation. You will get screens full of companies providing this service. Also on Port Canaveral's website they offer a listing of companiies.
In February we sailed on Mariner and hired a service to take us from our hotel to the port and the next Sunday to the airport. It was a 10 passenger van and cost $185. r/t
In addition to that a gratuity is expected to the chauffer. He was waiting for us that Sunday morning at 7:30 am outside the cruise terminal.
Old June 14th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am going out of Port Canaveral myself and I am using Happy Limo for transportation. Since there are 4 of us I decided to get an SUV since it was cheaper then a limo and more room then a towncar. It will cost me $330 R/T and includes tip, toll charges, and airport charge. Town cars at most companies was $180 R/T and that does not include all the charges and tips. Since you didnt specify what kind of service you wanted or your budget, I just let you know what we are doing.

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old July 4th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Cheryl V.

We are renting a car in Orlando and dropping it off in Cape Canaveral, the car company has a free shuttle to the ship. About $40.00, and we have the car for the evening before the cruise. Same on the return. Car company picks us up at the ship, rent car one way to Orlando airport.
Cheryl
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to SandyS
Default Re: Re: Ground Transportation in Orlando/Port Canaveral area

We were thinking about renting a car from the airport to Port Canaveral the day before we sail but when I looked for a drop-off location, they said there wasn't any in Cape Canaveral or Port Canaveral. Where did you drop off your car? Thanks.

Old July 4th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Admiral

Sandy,
Last year there were 2 companies with return locations. We used Budget and the drop off location is about 1/4 mile south of the port. They offer free shuttles to port and were very friendly. There is also Avis, with their drop off about 2 miles south of the port on A1A in Cocoa Beach. For 2 or 3 people, renting a car is less expensive than transfers and you have more flexibility.

Post Edited (07-04-05 11:50)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yeoman

We always rent a car at the airport in Orlando...book ahead online. We've used Avis and Budget. I think Budget was a little cheaper..but u can ck. Both are very close to the port and very easy to find on the main hwy on your way to the port. You can drop off the car and they'll have a van to take u to the port. THen they'll have vans running all the time back to the rental agency when u return. I think in Dec. I paid about 35.00-40.00 each way...less going to the port.
I wouldn't do it any other way if you're coming in the night before. Any questions, feel free to email me.
Laura
Old July 4th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Cheryl V.

Default Re: Re: Re: Ground Transportation in Orlando/Port Canaveral

Avis has a drop off in Cape Canaveral. Also can check Cocoa Beach.
Cheryl V.
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You may also want check into the cruiseline you are on and see what the cost is for their transfers. We are flying into Orlando and using the Carnival transfers to Pt. Canaveral at a cost of $50 each, and thats for both ways.

I would think Royal Caribbean cruiselines has a simular deal, just call your travel agent, they should know.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to SandyS
Default Re: Re: Ground Transportation in Orlando/Port Canaveral area

We are flying into Melbourne the night before and are trying to find a way to the Port. Maybe a rental car is the answer.