Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
clem

Default How bad is a Forward cabin?

OK...I am close to a cruise on the Voyager to Bermuda, and all of a sudden people are warning me about being in a cabin very close to the front of the ship. I knew that midship is preferable, but even though I booked over a year in advance, that is what was left for a quad balcony. I have a child that does have some motion sickness, but the sea bands have always worked well. Can anyone give me any clues as to how bad that this might be for us? Right now...when I should be getting ready for a wonderful vacation...I am worried about this!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:43 PM
Rosetattoo

Default Re: How bad is a Forward cabin?

My family's preference has always been a stateroom on the highest deck we can afford and as far forward as we can get. Don't believe everyone when they tell you that the best place to be is mid-ship. On Carnival, if you are mid-ship, you are above, below, or around the galley which is very noisy at all hours of the day and night and if your room is aft you will feel the vibration of the engines. If you sail in really rough seas, you're going to feel that motion regardless of where your room is. Don't worry, I don't think you will have any problems and will love the forward stateroom. I'm sailing on the Majesty of the Seas next month and made sure I booked a stateroom well forward on the ship.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Passenger

Hello We was as far forward as you can go in May on the sovereign and I didnt feel anymore motion that when Ive said mid ship you will be ok James
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Desta4

Me too, I had to book late any the only thing left was the first forward cabin and no I am worrying also about that. Makes me think, do people not want that cabin, is that why it was available....Also, where do you get those bands at. I just purchased the sea sick pills at Walmart they didn't have the bands.
Old June 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
gerif

DS and his family were in the most forward cabin on Deck 8 on Voyager last month - they were perfectly happy with it.
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
clem

Default Re: Re: How bad is a Forward cabin?

OK...I am feeling a little better about this....thanks for all your help!
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Yeoman

We loved the forward cabin that we had, and I really did not feel any more motion than our mid-ship cabin. Don't worry, you will love it.
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Desta4

Is it windier up front? And what is it you loved about the cabin being forward.

Ty
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yeoman

Well, we were on the carnival pride, and we had an extended balcony up front. We had great unobstructed views, and seemed to be really quiet up there. No engine noise, no galley noise, just the sound of the ocean. Less people up front on that ship as well since there were no interior cabins up that far. Sometimes it got windy, but never too windy. It was much windier up on deck.
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Desta4

Oh thank you so much....Does the Voyager have an extended balcony if you are the first cabin?
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Yeoman

You would have to check the deck plan to see, or call and ask them. On Carnival, we had to pay a little extra for the extended balcony. Tell me your category and I will tell you how it compares in size to ours on The Pride.

Carnival Liberty
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Desta4

Category D1 on the Voyager.
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:33 PM
clem

Default Re: Re: How bad is a Forward cabin?

Desta4,

Thanks for your help with the beach towel question! As for the sea bands, A Wal-Mart employee told me they stopped carrying them. We got ours at our local drugstore, but they are available at CVS, and other chains too. Most ships have them for sale too...but much more expensive!
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Yeoman

On the Pride, the standard balcony is 40 sqft, and the extended is 60 sqft. On the Voyager in D1 cat, your balcony will be 50 sqft, so you are right in between. It is a nice size balcony and you will have great views from up there at the front. Have a great time.

Carnival Liberty
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Desta4

Ah, thank you so very much Fitzla. Our last cruise was an aft so we are no too excited about this one.