Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:47 AM
HOPE

Default Rhapsody of the seas

HI,

I am planning a cruise for spring break next March. I am undecided between the Grand Princess and the Rhapsody of the seas. The later seems to be less expensive. Are the activities,food and entertainment for teens and adults about the same.? I have not taken a cruise in over 2o years. Wasnt the wine included in your price in those days?
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Rhapsody of the seas

We have great memories of the Rhapsody of the Seas....Loved our experience. Great food and service. Small /medium size ship.

No experience with the free wine...we are fairly new cruisers.

Mexico - Rhapsody of the Seas (2003)
Alaska - Radiance of the Seas (2004)
Mexico - Mercury (Celebrity) (2005)

Mexico - Monarch of the Seas (Sept 2005)
Panama Canal - Summit (Celebrity Dec. 2005)
Alaska - Infinity -(Celebrity March 2006)
Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Captain

Rhapsody is a really nice ship. I especially like the solarium pool with the retractable canopy. Very nice for rainy or cold days in the winter as you approach the US.

I'm afraid the days of free wine are gone except with a few of the luxury class ships.

The only consideration between Rhapsody and Princess is that Princess will allow you "Personal Choice" dining or fixed. PC is available at one dining room where you just walk in whenever you're ready to dine and have new table mates, unless of you wish to dine alone. Fixed of course, is the same time, table and friends each night.

RCCL and Princess are both fine lines. Enjoy your re-entry into cruising.
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:16 PM
...................Miss R

Have been on the Rhapsody twice and loved it.The food was great and the crew were
wonderful. First cruise was a jr suite and it was very nice then we went with a inner
cabin next to the centrum and it was very convient. Smaller but still enough room
but I missed the balcony. We go on the Exployer out of Miami nov 27th and we have a
room closer to the center 9302 . Both daughters and sons in law have aft cabins.
one deck10 and one deck nine. We can hardly wait.
Miss Ruby