Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
ch

Default March sailing from San Juan

I am sailing on March 18th on the Serenade of the Seas from Puerto Rico. Although i do love children, I hope that I will not hit on a week where it is "kids week". I think that leaving from San Juan will cut down on the chances. Has anyone had any experience with this. Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:18 AM
ch

Default Re: March sailing from San Juan

bump
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Josie

we also used to love sailing from San Juan.... but recently, it seems that they are getting an awful lot of last minute deals offered to local people, with families. Our last two cruises (Princess) in December and February have had a higher proportion than what we had seen in the past of local families, many large families, a large number of kids, of all ages.
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:34 AM
First Mate

We had the experience of cruising on a spring break week. It was an EXPERIENCE !! We will never book when its spring break or around spring break again. The kids were kids. They stuffed the toilets, ran the halls and just were rowdy kids. Who do you blame?? We learned to keep away from the dates around holidays and breaks. We also had the experience of having a lot of locals get breaks off the price of the cruise as mentioned above sailing out of Puerto Rico. Can't blame the locals for doing the cruise at the price they offer.
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed during April vacation from Puerto Rico on the Serenade. The ship was full to capacity. However, it was not overrun by kids. We actually were excpecting it to be but were pleasantly surprised. There were a ton of kids but the ship is so huge it really wasn't a problem. As far as locals go, that wasn't a problem either. It actually drives me crazy when people comment on the local Puerto Ricans taking over the ship. It's ridiculous, the ships are full of people from different countries and who cares if they get better deals or not. Any time I can get a good deal I take it. I wonder if foreiners who take cruises from American ports get bent out of shape that there's alot of locals onboard.
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:58 PM
venice

that time of year, it's spring break or a school break somewhere in the world so there will be lots of families and kids..I would suspect late September or anytime during October or right after New Years in January or late April would increase your chances of having lots of families with kids onboard
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:24 PM
ch

Default Re: Re: March sailing from San Juan

Thanks for putting things in perspective.....how true it is if you were to sail from one of the American ports....Everyone is out to get a good deal if they can get one....
We are still planning to sail the week of March 18/06 out of San Juan. I just get a little worried. On a previous trip (not a cruise) where there were alot of kids....they were picking food from the buffet and putting it back, this really turned me off.....
This is our first cruise.....and we're really looking forward to it.....