Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
GJMSIII

Default Miami Beach Hotel

Hi All,
My family and I are sailing the Explorer on August 7th. I have booked us rooms at the
Courtyard by Marriott on Miami Beach for the night before. Has anyone ever stayed in this property? Is it okay?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:16 PM
stpehani

Default Re: Miami Beach Hotel

hi never stayed there. but i am looking for a hotel for our cruise in dec out of miami . let me know how you liked it ...
did you go through royal to get this and what rate did you get . just asking if you dont mind me .

thanks

stephani
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
maarknyc

i been staying at courtyards alot for work..they have become somewhat rundown. I am on explorer also on august 7th and staying at the Intercontinental right near bayside close to the Pier.
Old August 1st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Dave P

Hello...We are also staying in Miami again for the 11th time in Decmeber, which is the night before our cruise.

We have always rotated between the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Hyatt downtown. The Hyatt is close to Bayside shopping, entertainment and resturant area where the Hard rock Cafe is, and the Marriott has great views of the port.

I am sure there are other nice places, but these are the two we have patronized and have been very pleased with the rooms, service and staff.

Regards,

Dave
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM
George S

Hi!
Since this post, I have done a bit more research and changed my mind about Miami Beach. We've rebooked at the Marriott Biscayne and booked what they call an "Escape Package". For $179.00 a night, we have a Bayview room, welcome cocktails, breakfast (full) on Sunday morning and transfers to the port! The package includes this for 2 adults. Children Are free in the room and they're not included on the breakfast thing or the transfers to the port. So we'll be paying for whatever the children will eat at breakfast and I was told by the hotel that children get transfers for 5.00. No biggie.
This seemed like a much better deal than just paying 159.00 for an oceanfront room on Miami Beach, which included nothing.
Hope this helps! We can't wait until Saturday to head to Miami!!!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Miami Beach Hotel

We are booked @ the Intercontinental for our 9/11 cruise. If you don't mind post a message and let me know how it was. Enjoy your cruise
Thanks
Old August 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I have stayed at the Hyatt in years past nad stayed at what used to be the Wyndham and on the beach I have stayed at the Clevelander which is an older hotel which can be loud but steps away from the beach and good food. This year since we will not have a car we will stay somewhere in downtown. I am trying for priceline but my go with the HI.
Lexi
Old August 6th, 2005, 04:35 PM
hcat

If you have time try the Bayside Marketplace--interesting shops & places to eat or just watch the water! We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from there.. The general neighborhood isn't that great but it worked out well for us-- walked to a Walgreens for water & last minute items...