Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:15 PM
First Mate

Default Cocoa Beach Hotel Suggestions

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions for a hotel on Cocoa Beach? Looking for something on A1A not far from the Port. I am on a budget so I was hoping to find something for 90.00 or less. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, and 2 kids to share 1 room with 2 double beds, non smoking. I don't expect to find something glamorous at this price, just clean. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Our overnight will be on April 22, 2006. Thank you!
Libby
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cocoa Beach Hotel Suggestions

Hi, you can try the Radisson Resort at the Port. They are offering a rate right now of $139/night (out of your price range, I know) but it does include a hot breakfast buffet and includes cruise parking ($70.00 for a 7 day cruise). They are right across the street from the port and offer a free shuttle to the port as well.
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Admiral

When we stayed at the Radisson there was NO free breakfast. It was $11/pp and the free shuttle was nice and convenient. We called 3 days ahead of our cruise to put our name on the list for the first ride over because it is first come first served. Even with scheduled times, there were many cruisers pushing and shoving. It was crowded! Our friends just took a cab from there for $10 including tip!

We now stay at the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn Suites, just down A1A 2 miles less crowds. I think Comfort has a shuttle but breakfast is a nominal fee outside by the pool or IHOP is across the street. Hampton Inn has a continental breakfast and you can use Art's Shuttle for about $3/pp.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Cocoa Beach Hotel Suggestions

How much is 1 night at Comfort Inn Suites? Being it is a suite, Is there maybe 1 bedroom and a pull out couch in a main area? Or is it typicle 1 room hotel style? Never stayed in a Comfort Suites Hotel.
Thanks! Libby
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Cocoa Beach Hotel Suggestions

P.S. I think that we might rent a car from Budget out of Orlando Sanford (Our Arrival Airport) $42.00 for full size car for 24 hours. Use it to drive to the Hotel that we choose, and use it to get to the Port. Someone said there is a drop off 1/2 mile away with a free shuttle to the Port. Now to find a Hotel in my Budget somewhere on A1A for 1 night.
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Try Travelocity to get an idea of the different hotels and their rates. Click on sort by price if that is a factor but try to stay on A1A or Atlantic Ave. I think there are 2 hotels on Merritt Island, just down the 520 Causeway and that is okay too. I grew up there and have stayed there too. Then look at their individual websites to see they offer better deals. I looked and Hampton Inn is about $139, 2 double beds, for that time but that does include breakfast and the Comfort Inn & Suites is about $107, 2 double beds, no breakfast. A 1 bdrm suite would be about $200.

Also, Budget return is just outside the port, on the left...about 1/4 mile south, very easy to find and they were very friendly with a free shuttle just a tip for the driver. There is a gas station right before Budget on the right to fill up before returning the car.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old July 19th, 2005, 06:44 PM
First Mate

C A Cruiser Thank you for all your information and for your e-mail too! Thankyou to all others who have replied as well!
Libby
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
ssmithso

Try the Holiday Inn Express that is located about a mile from the Port. If you have a car, go to the port area and eat dinner at Grills.
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM
First Mate

Thanks again Great suggestion I wil try checking this out.
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Another vote for eating at Grills....go to their website and print their 10% off coupon!! We ate there on a Saturday night, meeting cruisers we met online for our Mariner cruise the next day and watched the Glory and 2 Disney ships leave port.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old July 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Passenger

If you are renting a car, can you go further away than A1A? We looked up a Super 8 in Cocoa (not Cocoa Beach). The rate through the hotel itself is around $40. It looked like it has a nice pool, a little lake and maybe a restaurant.I think Cocoa is about 5-10 miles from the port. My sister ended up booking us the Holiday Inn for a government rate of $93.
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Hello Butterfly

Wakulla Suites is right on the beach and about 4 or 5 miles from the post each of there suites are two bedroom and will accomidate 5 people 1 full bed and 1 twin bed in each bedroom and also a pull out sofa and the price not sure for april you will have to check but for sept when I cruise it like 109.00 +tax and it has good reviews at tripadvisor I have see it from the outside it looks nice . also there is a place called luna sea bed and breakfast motel that has a room with two double beds that has great reviews and for 4 in sept its like 64.00 + tax good luck have a great cruise James
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Like I shared before, I grew up on Merritt Island years ago (not going to tell you how many!! ). I have been back to the Island but not to Cocoa. Hardly went there when I lived there. I personally wouldn't stay in Cocoa but if you choose to because it is so cheap, just remember...you get what you pay for.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old July 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
First Mate

C A Cruiser
I have taken your advice and have decided not to stay in Cocoa, but will stay somewhere in Cocoa Beach. It is more expensive, but my DH has given the Ok to a higher hotel budget. At this time, I am presently looking at the Hampton Inn at 3425 N. Atlantic Ave. $139.00 per night. I would need to secure with a credit card, but they do not charge the card until 24 hours prior, so you can cancel up to that time with no penalty. After that time they charge you one nights stay. You never know what could happen between now and then so I do need a hotel that has a fair cancellation policy. Some of the hotels that I have called said upon booking they charge a 1 night cancellation fee regardless of reason. They said it was because of a special rate that was quoted, that to me wasnt so special.The Hampton Inn is 2 miles from Port. Free shuttle if needed. Free hot breakfast buffet. Have you seen this hotel and how does it appear to you? Any comments? Thanks
Libby
Old July 19th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Yes I have stayed at that Hampton Inn twice. Inside hallways, nice pool area, walkway to the beach and they gave us coupons to use at local restaurants. Remember to also check the Comfort Inn & Suites down the street, 3901. I have stayed there too. They are a little less but doesn't include breakfast. I think they offer shuttle service. You still have lots of time. Get some good advice on TripAdvisor.com too.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration