Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Passenger

Default 10/16/05 Explorer

Anyone going on Explorer 10/16/05?? Starting to get excited but worried about the hurricanes already......maybe they will be all over by then??
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Mobilmom

Default Re: 10/16/05 Explorer

Hi. My family which includes my husband, myself and two daughters are sailing also. We were on Royal Carr. Cruise two years ago the first week of Nov. And everything was fine. We are going with a group so we couldn't really chose when we wanted to go. Our travel agent said that the captain will take us out around if there is a storm that will endanger the passengers. I guess she is right look at all the cruises that have came home safely though all the hurricanes in the past. We are very excited. Still trying to decide on excursions. Write back.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: 10/16/05 Explorer

So how old are your daughters? I have a 16 and 14 year old. We were in Orlando during Hurricane Jeanne last fall waiting to get on the Disney Magic so unfortunately we were able to experience a real live one. This will be our first RC cruise but we have done Disney 3 times. We are very much looking forward to trying a new ship. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:17 AM
Mobilmom

Default Re: Re: 10/16/05 Explorer

HI Shauna. We have a 12 year old girl and also a 15 year old girl. Hopefully we can meet on the ship sometime. Our girls might have fun together. We are from Pa. I know we picked early seating at 6:00. We knew the girls would want to do other shows, etc at night. And we are trying to pick which excursions to do. I know they want to go snorkeling and go shopping of course. Our flight doesn't arrive until 12:30 that day we sail. So we won't get on the ship until 2:30 or so. Where are you staying. We are on the promonade deck over the mall. We figured they will have fun looking out over the mall and boy watching of course. Karla