Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
Beginner

Default Hogs On the High Seas

OK......... I am on the Nov 6 sailing of Mariner of the Seas. I just learned that 1000 Bikers will be on that sailing for their annual "Hogs on the High Seas Rally".

If anyone has sailed on previous HOHS Rally's before, please give us passengers of this cruise that are not part of the HOHS Rally, an idea of how the normal cruise is affected. Anything you can share will be appreciated (from dining, to shows, to areas of the ship that will be for them only, etc.).

If you want more info on this event copy and paste this url : http://www.hogsonthehighseas.com/200...05/WCfront.htm

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Howellmc

Default Re: Hogs On the High Seas

Mike - I was just on the ship with the HOHS up to Alaska. There were about 500 - 600 of them on that cruise. It was no problem at all. Everyone of them I talked to were very nice and it was kind of fun to have them on board. For formal nights, they all wore their best black leather. That was quite a parade. Some of them certainly looked a little different but they were nice folks. They did use up some of the areas for certain events but nothing to incovenience us. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only incident I heard about was that Dean, the coordinator for the HOHS, fell in the orchestra pit and broke both his legs.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
hcat

I always hope for trips without any large groups--no matter how nice they tend to take over & you become part of their trip but yet you aren't really in the group...--suggest you may re-book I reallty think all large groups should be posted so non-groupies can decide who they want to spend their cruisetime with--
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Admiral

In 2001 we sailed on HAL with over 700 church convention people. While they had their seminars, the pool areas and other public areas were empty. Even the shows at night were not crowded. I know it will be different with HOHS.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
venice

wow that sounds like something my big brother would like...he likes to rebuild old harley's , so I'll go to their website that you posted...my brother is retiring at the end of this year after 40 years of being a registered nurse, so this would be a great retirement present for him (he's never been on a cruise)

If I am picking up an undercurrent, I think you'l ll find that bikers who can afford to cruise are hard workng people who like bikes and cruising
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
venice

well, I just went to their website...hmmmmmm I now see what you mean, but it looks like a heck of a good time..don't forget to bring your leather bike outfit (smile)
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
First Mate

When the "Hogs" have their rallys you will find many professional people and blue collared workers who just like to ride motorcycles. So even though they like their leather the fellow or gal next to you just might be Dr.So and So, or mechanic Joe, either way they are just having "fun" and like us will enjoy their cruise. Venice, I think your brother would "love"it what a nice retirement present, especially after taking care of others for all those years. God bless him.