Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default Grandeur JS question

Hello,
We are going to be in what looks like the last JS on the 8th floor (8578). Just wondering, is this going to be one of the larger balconies I have heard about on the boards? This is considered aft, the back of the ship, right? (Sorry, I'm not good at those terms!) Any info about this cabin or this general area of the ship, please pass on. This will be our 3rd cruise but first JS/balcony, so we are very excited.

Thanks!

Grandeur of the Seas August 2005
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:12 PM
hds249

Default Re: Grandeur JS question

I don't know about the balcony but I would think the location would be nice and quiet at night as it is under the fitness and spa center. Congratulations on your JS, I am sure you will love it. I hope you have beautiful weather!
Pat
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Yeoman

Your NOT on the stern of the ship. The stern (or aft) cabin balconies are very large, you have a standard balcony but it will still be great. Have a good time.

P.S. You just made the biggest mistake of your cruising hobby. Now you will never be happy unless you have a balcony cabin. THERE GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Yeoman

The balconies for Jr. Suites are a bit larger than the balconies on standard balcony rooms. To get the bigger aft balcony, see if you can get either 8086, 8088, 8586 or 8588. These will have the larger balconies, and you will love it.

Carnival Liberty
Old July 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Wow, thanks for all the info! How do you go about trying to change rooms? Is that something I would do on board or try to do beforehand? I know it's booked almost completely, so do I have a shot at it? I know, we'll never want to go back to less than a balcony now! :-)
Old July 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Yeoman

Try it now as the aft cabins go quickly. Call whoever you booked through and see if those staterooms are available. Tell them you want an aft stateroom and go to rccl.com to check the deck plans, and you can even tell them which ones you want.

Carnival Liberty