Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:23 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Flagators
Default Voyager or navigator?

which would you choose? an eastern carribean on the voyager of the seas. or a western caribbean on the navigator of the seas?

Post Edited (08-02-05 19:26)
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Voyager or navigator?

I would choose Western Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas, but since you didn't ask that, I like the Eastern ports better. I am only going to Western Carib to go on the Freedom.

Carnival Liberty
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Magpie

Did a western caribbean on the Navigator last summer with husband and 2 teens. The Navigator is a great ship and we all had a fab time. Going on the Mariner in 3 weeks for the eastern cruise. Will let you know!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Isn't Navigator a smaller ship?? We just got off Mariner a few weeks back and loved how big is was. If Navigator is a smaller ship I would say voyager all the way. My first choice would be Freedom of the Seas but until their price goes down I'll have to suffer on another Mariner cruise

MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2006
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-DECEMBER 2005
MARINER OF THE SEAS-JULY 2005
MONARCH OF THE SEAS-AUGUST 2004
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Yeoman

Jewels, I got freedom for $947 for a deluxe balcony stateroom. Prices go down end of next sept. I would book that instead. It will be fabulous!!!

Carnival Liberty
Old August 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Hi gals. My hubby & I are going on the Navigator (Western) 9-17-05 and we looked at the same situation (Eastern v. Western, etc.). Looked up both ships in the RCCL brochure (and daydreaming of my sail date!)- the Navigator and the Voyager have exact same stats (ship size, passengers, crew, etc. The main difference I see is that the Voyager does not have a Chop's or Jade restaurants. We're going Western and have heard mixed reviews of the Navigator ports of call however, we've done an Eastern and my husband didn't want to go that route this time. We absolutely LOVED Eastern.
St. Maarten (saw Sandra Bullock there!), St. Thomas, Barbados, Antigua-that whole lot was fabulous. We've also done the Bahamas which was a nice first cruise (was only 5 days). Have you checked out some Board reviews of the ports of call. That's where I have gotten a lot of "Do's and Don'ts" regarding certain ports. Have really helped us in the planning of our trip. Good luck!
Old August 4th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Passenger

The Navigator and Voyager are the same size. We did both Eastern and Western and they were both great.
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

Voyager all the way. We booked a 7 night eastern caribbean trip on her sister ship Explorer of the Seas for next april. Nice big ship (15 decks) Ice rink, pools, rock climbing, mini golf and in line skating. Kids are going to love it. Aldo RCI has the best kids programs we think, better than carnivals. Got a nice cabin aft ship corner, small roon, very large balcony (approx 200 sq ft.) for the price of a cat E1 room. good deal.

Go voyager....you'll love the space on board, lot's to do and see.
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

There are a few differences between the Navigator and the Voyager but they're both Voyager Class Ships. I've been on the Navigator (eastern caribbean) and it's an amazing ship. It's also newer than the Voyager. I'd do western caribbean on the Navigator because by the looks of your countdown clock, you've already been on the Voyager. Try a new ship!
Happy Sailing!

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old August 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Re: Re: Voyager or navigator?

If you have already been on the Voyager, go on the Navigator. Nice to try different especially newer ships.

Even though I prefer the Eastern Caribbean, I also prefer a newer ship.

I was just on the Voyager and it's a nice ship, but Navigator has more to offer.

I would go on the Navigator.