Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Default Question about phone cards in eastern caribbean

Will any phone card that I buy here at home work in San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten, and Nassau? I didn't know if I needed to buy some kind of special card or not. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Default Re: Question about phone cards in eastern caribbean

You need to purchase the local phone cards in each port. The ones you purchase at places like Walgreens, Costco, or Price Club do not work in foreign ports.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Default Re: Question about phone cards in eastern caribbean

Thank You. I looked into getting one online from IsCard.com that is supposed to work internationally. Does anyone know anything about it? The lowest cost is $25. The # of minutes that it will buy depends upon where you are calling. From Bahamas to US, the $25 card will buy 49 minutes. From Puerto Rico to US, the $25 card will buy 100 minutes. It doesn't list St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Whatever those costs are, I am sure the $25 card would be plenty of minutes for the whole cruise. I am not intending to spend a lot of time on the phone, but just thought when we dock, that I would call home and let them know that I'm okay. Would it be cheaper to just buy a phone card in each port? How expensive are they? Thanks for your help.

bahamas, calling, card, cards, caribbean, carribean, cruise, eastern, international, phone, port, purchase, us