Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default How would your post read?

If Voyager had sailed into the heart of Franklin giving you a two day ride from hell to get to Bermuda and upon arrival due to the tropical storm hitting the island you were denied entrance to the island (because Voyager could not land and seas were too rough for tender) and you turned around and sailed back through the storm to NJ , what would you be posting now?
I'd like to hear your real thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
papamike

Default Re: How would your post read?

PapaBill, how did you get your name? My name is papamike, that is what my grandchildren call me.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Janet524

Papp Bill, it's a case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't." I wonder if the folks griping about the change of itinerary would be griping just as loudly if they had sailed into a serious storm. People forget that cruising during hurricane season has risks - they just need to deal with it!
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Yeoman

Not to mention that the risks are all outlined for them prior to the cruise, and that they should know that there is a risk of not being able to sail to all their ports. Changing ports is something that RCCL and all other cruise lines reserve the right to do, and people would be unhappy about something no matter what. Next time I think they should sail through the Hurricane, and i bet those who complained would be compaining a lot harder in that case.

Carnival Liberty
Old August 4th, 2005, 08:55 AM
First Mate

I'm wondering do all cruisers read the small print??? In this case I don't think so. The Captain (he is the guy that has the big job of running the big ship) makes the decisions. Not the passenger who had a tour purchased for the islands that they missed. When you travel at any time you can be diverted from the original plan. That is the way it is, for your safety and that of the crew. Remember them?? They probably took all the flak for all these whining people who had to be put in safe waters. As Papa Bill states what would they be posting if they did go the route planned. They would be looking for a good lawyer to sue RCCL because the Captain put their lives at risk. If they are still whining about this next time cruise with another line and don't pick hurricane season. Enough already!!

Old August 4th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Yeoman

Well said Carol. No people do not read the fine print. If they did, they would know that this is the chance that they take. Poor babies. If you don't like it, don sail during HURRICAN SEASON!!! Can't stress that enough. If you read you contract, you would know that this is a possibility and RCCL reserves the right to change ports without notice and give no compensation.
Old August 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

Fine print - - - read it? My heavens, that borders on responsible behavior and we can't have any of that! We just wanna' whine and throw temper tantrums when things don't go exactly our way. Oh yeh, and we paid for this #@$%&* cruise and we'll wear whatever we @#$% please in the dining room.
MagnoliaBlossom
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Captain

MagnoliaBlossom:

Well said.

Old August 5th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Yeoman

We had an adventure with storms this last trip. Sailed on Carnival Miracle out of tampa, same day dennis was in town. We had to wait 13 hrs to board the ship, cause it was 3 hrs behide the storm at sea. The poor passengers on board her, were having the ride of a lifetime I heard. Very rough seas. Many were sick.
We slept on the floor of terminal waiting for ship to dock, finally at 3am we boarded our clean ship and went to bed. In morining we were told, no grand caymen, it was hit hard.
Bummer for us, but we did get $150 back per person. Fine with me, I didn't want to see all that distruction any way. We had a good cruise, decent weather, but high tailed it home hrs before Emily was due to arrive.

I would have been pissed if we went some place cold instead of some place tropical.
But such is life.....there is no trying to reason with hurricane season!
I would rather be safe than sorry. I learned a big lesson from this last experience.
Don't cruise during hurricane season! Too many what if's for me.
So for now on it's April, nice calm seas, no hurricanes, no changes (we hope)!
Old August 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Beginner

I THINK I would be disapointed but also understanding..........Mother Nature can't be stopped.
I also would know the risks by booking during this time.

I felt on my EOS cruise that I didn't get enough time to enjoy the ship so if I ended up with an intinerary I didn't like, I would get to enjoy the ship more!!!!

Old August 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Passenger

PapaBill....why are you rehashing this again. This subject was covered in you:
"where else do you think the ship could go" post.
Please let it rest.
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:01 PM
venice

I think you missed the "spirit" of Papa Bill's question (momx4& magnolia blossom come the closest IMHO)

If I read Papa Bills post correctly and I was on that cruise this would be my posting

G*(&*&*&m RCI...., didn't they have any better sense then to sail into a storm ? heck, I would have rather gone to Canada then to go into the middle of the mess...RCI ruined my cruise..they have all this hi tech weather equiptment and they made the dumb a&* decision to still try to sail to Bermuda. I've contacted my lawyer and will sue them for breach of contract and nasty customer service, when I demanded an explanation from the Captain he said "you paid for Bermuda, you are going to Bermuda", the last time there was a storm and we diverted I caught holy heck from the corporate office because I chose safety over passenger demands"..my wife was throwing up the entire cruise and I took the $10 per day surcharge off my S&S card because the service was horrible
(even the cabin and dining room attendants were throwing up)...I'll never cruise RCI again unless they refunded my 100% of my cruise and give me 50% credit towards a cruise to Canada (VBG)..

Is that what you were looking for Papa Bill ?
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Exactly venice. and milehigh, PapaBill posted that on 8/3/05, 23 days ago!!! over 3 weeks ago...you brought it up again....today!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 26th, 2005, 05:25 PM
venice

In light of the new hurricane activity and the re-routing of ships in/out of Florida, perhaps everyone has learned their lesson and not be so hard on the cruise lines for making a safety decision to deviate..it will be interesting to see how many new post are made based upon this weekend's activitiy