Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Default lost items

We lost a walkie talkie on the Sovereign in June. I called to report it and was very pleased to find out that it was found. If you lose something be sure to call and report it. I received my walkie talkie 2 days after it was found. Thanks Royal Caribbean!

Sovereign of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: lost items

My husband discovered he lost his wallet while we were packing to come home on AOS end of June. We went to Guest Relations Desk, back to dining room and theater where we watched show, nothing. Good thing I had passports to get us home. We cancelled his credit card from the ship. When we arrived home he had the hassle of getting new license, insurance cards, etc. We called RCCL home office in Florida about a week later to see if anyone had turned it in, no. Lo and behold this week he got a call from RCCL that they had his wallet. It has since arrived in the mail with everything intact.

We wish that wallet could talk...who ever found it and returned it a great big thank you for being honest

ps...glad you found your walkie talkie.
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: lost items

There are still honest people out there. That makes me feel good to hear something like that.

Sovereign of the Seas
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
browezilla

Here's a similar story:

We checked into our cabin a bit early (before they had finished clieaning I guess). I had put my stack of notes, old manilla envelopes which contained our passports - cruise docs, reservations in ports, etc. on top of the safe. In other words, this was some pretty important stuff, however, on the surface, it didn't look like because I put it in some pretty ratty envelopes. When we returned after lunch, it was all gone. I was panic-ed. I couldn't find our cabin steward, and it was after their normal hours, so I went to Guest Relatiions trying to get there before the trash was compacted or taken off ship. I was relieved to find out that the cabin stewards can't throw away anything that isn't in the trashcan. They had assumed the material (which could have looked like refuse notes) was left by the previous passengers, but they had stored it in case they needed it (they never opened the material to see what it was). Within 5 minutes I had all of our materials back. Thank you RCCL! (and the steward got a nice tip)!! This was a very valuable lesson to me. I won't leave anything like that in the room on checkin day until after I've met the steward and let them know I've left it or locked it in the safe!
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great positive thread! Glad to read such experiences after all the very negative discussions.

Hope to see more of these!