Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Jewel of the Seas-Aft

Does anyone know if cabin #8168 on the Jewel (deck 8) has a wrap-around balcony, like the same cabin on deck 9? The brochure shows them to be a little different -- and we saw the ship in Puerto Rico and they appeared to both be wrap-arounds. Anyone have any pictures of cabin 8168's balcony? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Jewel of the Seas-Aft

Go to Google and type in the ship and you should get some great shots that answer your questions
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Beno, we were in 8168 on Radiance and our friends were above us in 9256. The decks are just about the same size, 9256 may be just a hair bigger around the "wrap". However, it is not a true wrap around, you cannot go the the side of the ship, What you can do, is "squeeze" into the corner (depending on how big you are). You can see just a little forward. We loved the cabin, booked it again on Serenade to Alaska next year.
I have some pictures, send me an e-mail (use cabin 8168 as the subject), and I'll be glad to send yoy some pictures.
Nancy
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Yeoman

We had 9256 on the "Jewel" and definitely agree with Nancy. The balconies extend to the side but due to the ship's framework, it was no big deal. Certainly could not see to the side and we were told when we booked that deck 8 was even less of an extension. They are certainly nice locations and I am sure you already know that the stairs depicted are "crew only" (some door slamming but not a real problem).
Old August 9th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Jewel of the Seas-Aft

Thanks, everyone. Sounds good to me! Love those aft cabins!
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

GrannyNanny - I e-mailed you but didn't see those pictures yet. Did you get my email? Would really like to see them. Let me know. Thanks!