Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Default serenade cabin

I haven't booked a balcony before, but I just booked one -8614- on the Serenade for an Alasks cruise (Vancouver-Vancouver).
Has anyone been in this cabin (or one nearby)? The hump will be on our left but I am hoping we wil be far enough away that it won't affect our view very much. Am I correct? For this cruise, does it matter if you are on the port or starboard side of the ship?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Edited (08-11-05 16:44)
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
NewCruisers

Default Re: serenade cabin

I have a cabin booked ( 9008). I too am very interested in reading any response to your post. I never have cruised so I am not even sure what the hump is. I wish I could give you some feedback. My cruise is on the Serenade on Oct 29.
Old August 18th, 2005, 06:31 AM
AWP&LFP

We were on the Serenade -- 9576 cabin. Absolutely wonderful! Highly recommend it. We called the hump "the bulge". Tried to get that same cabin on the Radiance for an October Panama Canal trip, but it was already booked. You didn't have to lean over to see the front of the ship.
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: serenade cabin

We are in cabin 9576 in Sept. 2006... never sailed RCI... just 2nd cruise... could you elaborate about this cabin? I expect the balcony to be larger, my sister will be next door in 9578... do the partitions open to balconies between cabins if you want? Anything you could tell us will be more than we know now.... thanx
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Passenger

AWP&LFP - We have 9076, same location, only port side. How much bigger is the balcony, really curious. Thanks
Old August 19th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Yeoman

8614 and 9008 are quite adequate with nothing unusual about the location or the shape of the balcony . As mentioned, 9576 is a little deeper balcony just as the "hump" starts out (no access to your sister's adjoining balcony except to peek around). I favor aft balconies but love the postion of this one due to the forward view of the ship crashing through the waves. For the poster in 9076, the balcony has the same shape and great view but is located directly under the "Concierge Club." Don't know how noisy it gets when the foot traffic picks up in there (morning mini-buffet and eve cocktails for "Diamond" and suite guests). Maybe someone else can help out about this issue?

Haven't been in all the rooms (yet) but Radiance class ships have me hooked for now!
Serenade coming up in Oct '05 and Jewel again in May '06
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: serenade cabin

Hey Robbie, good suggestion about possible noise in 9076. I did a "9076" search on another very large board and got quite a few results on the whole Radiance class fleet.
Almost all comments indicated minimal or no noise from above or from the hallway. Seems to be a well liked location. I'm sticking with it. Actually, could have had 9576 when I booked, but being a leftie, prefer port side.
Old August 20th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Yeoman

XLNT....just wanted to make sure you knew of the possibility. Am sure it will a great cruise!