Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Karla

Default Which deck level is best?

First time cruiser, I'm booked on Level 4 Ocean view conjoining rooms? Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Which deck level is best?

If your prone to motion/sea sickness being on a lower level and towards the middle of the ship is best. Personally, I prefer to be higher up and towards the back of the ship. There is less traffic at the back since only passengers with cabins back there head that way, usually. I like being higher up since its usually one flight of stairs up to the pool and Windjammer (of course it all depends on the ship too). I also like being higher since thats where the balcony cabins are and the view is a bit better. Just my opinion though.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:58 AM
mikefast

On our first cruise, we were on the fourth deck, outside, almost all the way to the bow. We ran into 27 Ft. seas, and could really feel the ship rock and roll. There was a big difference from there to midship. I'm just glad we weren't up higher could have been pretty bad. We have been on the eight, and the ninth deck too with smooth seas, and really enjoyed the view from there, but from the seasick point of view, lower and toward the middle is best.

Old August 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Which deck level is best?

Any deck is a good deck : ). I've always liked deck 10.
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:27 AM
DanP

Deck 4 is a good deck for a first timer.If it is mid ship it is even better.We enjoy any deck mid ship.