Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Beginner

Default Set Sail Registration

We're sailing on the Radiance to Hawaii in September and I decided to try the on line set sail registration. Its in four parts and goes quickly, printed out our bar coded documents without problem in 10 minutes or so. Can't wait to see if this helps speed up the boarding process.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Cruz<

Default Re: Set Sail Registration

I haven't done the online check in but will do so soon. In the meantime, we have had a number of problems with our travel agent. The first agent dissolved and transferred our booking to another agent without telling us - the second agent is just not interested. We have made a number of special requests which the agent has not communicated to RCCL. I was wondering whether in the online check in there was any space for noting special requests or comments? I wanted to make sure these got through to RCCL because I do not trust the agent. Please confirm.
Old August 24th, 2005, 09:26 AM
George S

I honestly don't know what the Set Sail Pass saves. We (7 of us) sailed Explorer on Aug 7th. Every one of us had to provide Proof of Citizenship, Fill out Bahamas Immigration Cards and she had to take each of our credit cards and run it through the computer to set up the SeaPass accounts. As a matter of fact, we handed the Set Sail Passes to her and they sat on the table untouched during the whole check in procedure. So, basicly, we did everything with the Set Sail Pass that we used to do before there was any such thing as a Set Sail Pass. It didn't save us a bit of time. I hope your experience
is better. BON VOYAGE
Old August 24th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Cruz,

We had a similar problem with a TA who just didn't seem interested in our business.

I'd strongly suggest that if your TA isn't handling your booking to your satisfaction, you find one who will, and transfer your booking to them. Once you are booked with a TA most cruise lines won't discuss any special requests directly with you. If your current TA hasn't passed on your requests you may have some problems!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Filling out the Set Sail registration does help speed things up. You don't have to stand at the counter and fill it out or wait for others to do it. In July, my sister and I went on the Monarch. We parked at 11:01am, walked up to the counter, showed our ID and credit card for our S&S card and off we went..on the ship at 11:59 am. By filling out the registration on line it puts all your info in their data base for the cruise line and Home Land Security.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 25th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Claudia

Thank you but could someone actually tell me if on the online registration process there is a space for inserting special comments and remarks?
Old August 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Claudia>> That a very good question.. I sailed on the Vision about three months ago and I filled out the on line info and I don't remember any area or blank spaces that let you add special requests.. As remember they just wanted the main info that they and the goverment wanted with no fancy requests to deal with.. I would go through your TA if you can and get conformation back from RCCL through your TA.. OM