Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:07 PM
KennyG

Default Navigator questions

Is the Royal Promenade Mall on the Navigator really as big as it seems?

What is there to on Labadee, Hati?

What is the better reservation only restaurant Portafinos or Chops?

How is the food on the Navigator? good or bad?

KennyG
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Navigator questions

Yes, Kenny,
The mall is fairly large, even for a cruise ship.

Lots to do at Labadee, all kinds of water activities, sun and shade, so take your pick and relax or sign up for an excursion. We did the waverunner excursion and really enjoyed that. They will serve a BBQ lunch in 3 different areas, so be sure to find that and enjoy lunch on the beach. I also rented a float mat which are good in and out of the water.

As for the alternative restaurants, Chops is a steak restaurant while Portfinio's is Italian, both I understand are well worth the $20.00 sur-charge.

I was very pleased with the food on Explorer and Voyager, I would hope that Navigator would be about the same.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:42 PM
KennyG

Default Re: Re: Navigator questions

thank you!!! that helped a whole lot!
KennyG
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

Navigator had upped the price to $25 last year when we were on the ship.
Lexi
Old August 16th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Navigator questions

We're sailing on the Navigator 8/20, and I'm very excited. This will be our second cruise and we're thinking of going to Portofino's for dinner. Will tell you all about the cruise when we return.
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
browezilla

Yes, the Royal Promenade Mall on the Navigator is pretty big. They run parades on it selected nights.

Labadee, Hati is a beach day with lots of beach related toys/activities. You cannot venture out of this space as it is fenced it. Definitely try the straw markets there and also keep an eye out for the native performances (normally at the first location where they serve food).

How is the food on the Navigator?
Good overall. Dinner in the dining room is very good. The Windjammer buffet is repetitious with less variety than I see on the newer Carnival ships. I think it is good there, however some times it is hit or miss, e.g. cold food, bland, etc. However there are so many choices that you're sure to find something to your liking. They also have some food along the Promenade and a Johnny Rockets (which I've yet to have a good meal at

....but in a nutshell, there's no real concern about the food. If you're not a foodie, then I wouldn't let the food sway you one way or the other on taking this cruise ship.
Old August 16th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Pooh Bear

We ventured away from our first love (Celebrity) last December and booked a 7-day Eastern Carib. on Navigator. Our first time in the Carib. DH was totally blown away by the Navigator....so much so he insisted we book again for this December on NOS for the Western Carib. itinerary.

This is just a fun ship with so much to do - and the cabin we had (D2) seemed much larger than what we are used to on Celebrity. Last year, I understand they had changed the menu in the main dining room prior to our cruise - and we thought the food was very good - if I took the waiter's suggestions/recommendations. Breakfast and lunch were, IMHO, better than what we've experienced on Celebrity - I tend to get bored with breakfast and lunch within 2 days - but seems more choices on NOS. Still love Celebrity - but NOS has to be a real close second.

We are looking forward to December's cruise!
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:07 PM
bridget1

I am so glad to hear that. I love Celebrity but I have booked a cruise with my nieces on NOS for next June because it seemed a better fit activity wise. I wondered if I would miss Celebrity. From your remarks I guess not. Thanks for posting.