Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:02 PM
cjl

Default Need advice with aft cabins

On the Brilliance, any comments on these cabins. 9658,1604. One is on deck 10 the other deck 9. Here are my questions. Which deck is better? Can people look down on you from above? Are these cabins noisier? Are there poles or obstructions? Are they bigger then other superior cabins? Do you get any smoke, fumes, ect.
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Need advice with aft cabins

No smoke or fumes and cabin size is the same as any other "D." Deck ten has the outside dining area for the "Windjammer" directly above it I so would take it in a cold weather cruise (just had 1104 in Alaska on her sister, "Radiance"). In warm weather there is some degree of chair scraping etc that goes on above you sp I would lean towards deck nine. The balconies are partially covered so folks above you can see you if you are at or near your railing. Since they are deep balconies, you can sit back out of view if you care to.
Old August 16th, 2005, 12:50 PM
cjl

Robbie, Thank you for takin the time to answer my question. So sad I only get one response, but yet people are still leaving complaints about their bad trip. Isn't there a cruise gripe board?
Old August 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Yeoman

Yup, and I "suggested" that person might not have been smart enough to find it so my post was removed. Oh well......

And you are quite welcome, we also have cabin 8672 coming on the "Serenade" in Oct so I REALLY like the aft balconies.
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Yeoman

Robbie and cjl, I have just booked our first aft cabin on the Freedom on deck 7. After doing some research, I found that the corner cabins on deck 7 of the Voyager Class and the Freedom seem to have the largest balconies. Deck 6 and anything above deck 7 seem to be a bit smaller, but still very large. I too am excited to be in an aft cabin, and choose deck 7 not only for the size of the balcony, but for the location as well. Only staterooms above and below, and no noise from windjammer. I am glad to hear that many other people prefer the aft balconies. It makes me feel better about my choice. Now, if we could just get people to shut up about their complaints about the "Bermuda" cruise, we would all be happy.

Carnival Liberty
Old August 17th, 2005, 11:21 AM
cjl

Still would like to know if anyone has stayed in either one of these cabins (9658-1604) and what pros or cons they felt there was. Right now I have a booked 9648 cabin.
p.s. Happy to see a positive message from "nance". Also appreciate people who actually answered this post.
Old August 20th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Dave P

Hello...We have stayed in cabins 9078, 9256, and 9658. Cabin 9658 on the Brilliance and the other two cabins on the Radiance which is identical to the Brilliance.

All three cabins are terrific, but here are the differences.

All of the cabins are the same size inside the room, so there is no difference to the room itself. It all boils down to location and the balcony size.

If you like being on the side of the ship, room 9078 is considered one of the best cabins on the ship. It is located on the hump of the ship and has a very large balcony. You are only surrounded on one side by other passengers. The view is spectacular, it is very quiet and you can see the ocean below.

However, if you love being on the back of the ship where the view of land and the ocean is more spacious, then cabin 9256 is the best choice. There is nothing wrong with 9658, however, 9256 has the largest balcony of all the D-1 cabins, and you only have another cabin on one side of you. Cabin 9658 has the just about the same size balcony as hump cabin 9078. The only difference is you have people on both sides of you in cabin 9658. To many people, this is not a problem at all.

Again, all three cabins are wonderful. I think it really boils down to what part of the ship do you prefer. We have never been bothered by noise or anything else on either decks 9 or 10.

Enjoy you cruise and I hope this helps a bit. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Even though this will be our 14 cruise, I am still learning things everyday about the cabins and other things on the ships that we still miss when cruising.

Regards,

Dave