Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Default October 06 Bermuda cruise

Have just booked a cruise on Grandeur of Seas for Bermuda sailing out of Baltimore on 10/08/06.
Will be 2nd cruise for myself and hubby. First one was this year on Carnival. Wanted to try RCCL this time.
Any info on this port or sailing location would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Southern Gal

Default Re: October 06 Bermuda cruise

We've been to Bermuda 5 times - twice cruising, most recently in July on Celebrity. Bermuda is a beautiful island with very friendly people. I know you will enjoy it. When we sailed RCCL a couple of years ago to Bermuda, we docked at the Naval Dockyards for a couple of days and in Hamilton for a couple of days. Do check out the Naval Museum when you're at the Dockyards. The Commissioner's House sits up on a bluff overlooking the sound and contains many interesting exhibits. When you're docked in Hamilton, you're right downtown - you can step off the ship and walk across the street to shops and restaurants. St. Georges is a neat little town at the opposite end of the island from the Naval Dockyards.

You can get a three day bus pass which gives you unlimited rides on the buses as well as the ferries. It was about $25 per person and is the best deal. Taxis are expensive and the scooters dangerous. Be prepared. Bermuda is not cheap! I'd suggest you take all you meals on the ship. We had lunch at a tavern in St. Geroges and two ham sandwiches and iced teas cost almost $35.

That said, however, Bermuda is one of our favorite vacation spots, and the Grandeur is a beautiful ship. You're sure to have a great time!
Old September 6th, 2005, 09:54 PM
minivanmama

Default Re: Re: October 06 Bermuda cruise

How is the weather cruising in Oct. to Bermuda?
Old September 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
anna o

hi, we are leaving on sunday the 9th on grandure from balto. the port is really easy to get to and from. i am only 20 mins from the port . not sure what else you asked me for you can email with other questions anna
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Passenger

the beaches are so pretty. you should go to elbow beach. the sand in bermuda is pink and the water is just beautiful. it is one of my favorite islands.