Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:25 PM
cj7238

Default hawaii

We will be on the Radiance in May 2006 to Hawaii. Does anyone know if RCCL does any kind of Luau on the ship? My mother in law insists that they will have one during one of our days at sea for a lunch probably around the pool. Does anyone know if this is true. I don't see how they will be able to bury a pig on the ship...I guess they will empty the pool and hide him there
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: hawaii

There will likely be a tropical /Hawaiian themed late night buffet around the pool area , and they may even serve pork. I doubt it will be buried for a day to cook it.
You really want to try a real Luau . If there are any overnight or late night ports. On Oahu try Germaine's or Paradise Cove. On Maui try Old Lahaina or Hyatt Regency.
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Yeoman

The Marriott Luau is also a good Luau. As the previous poster said, if you have never been to an authentic luau, you need to go to one. Whatever the ship has is not a "Real Luau" and you will really enjoy it if you go to one. Have a great time!!!
Old August 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM
cj7238

Thanks for the information. We are planning on going to Germaines luau but my mother in law keeps insisting that the ship will do one also. Just need the ammo to tell her different. We did the Polynesian culture center luau two years ago and it was great.
Old August 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: hawaii

Germaines will be better than the Polynesian Cultural Center Luau.
Old August 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yeoman

Any Luau on a ship could not possible be a true Luau. A true Luau has a burried pig, and there is no way to do that on a ship. And, I would imagine that there would be no fire dancing on a ship either as it would be a fire hazard. They probably just have a luau inspired show and food. You can always call the cruise line to ask, as they would have the correct answer for you.

Carnival Liberty
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Yeoman

Just a bar-b-que poolside the 2 times I did the Hawaii run with "RCI."
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Passenger

Went on the Serenade to Hawaii in May. They had one barbeque lunch. I went to the Old Lahaina luau this time. Really well presented. A couple of years ago we did the marriott lua. I think old Lahaina luau is better-less people and more about the traditional lua and hawaiian culture.
Old August 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Belle

We will also be on the Hawaii cruise in May on the Radiance. We have also been looking for a good deal on a luau. Since we will be in Honolulu until 11pm I thought that the luau at the Royal Hawaiian might be a good choice. However, the cost is so much more than Germaines. If you decided to go to the Royal Hawaiian then you have to provide your own transportation to and from the ship. Germaines is about a hour away and I would hate to cut it too close getting back to the ship.