Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:14 PM
First Mate

Default A Limit Of Luggage On RCL??

I just recently received my docs for out upcoming Voyager cruise this September. They only have 4 luggage tags in the back of the Cruise Documents, last year when we went on the Grandeur we had twice as many luggage tags, plus a couple of blank ones.

So I was wondering if this is a new RCL policy only 4 luggage tags per couple now?? I called RCL and they said you can pick up more at the pier, but if you are limited to 4 pieces of luggage each then why would they let you get more at the pier.

Just wondering if someone could clear this up for me, are you allowed MORE than 4 pieces of luggage per couple and does this include your garment bag and carryon?? I usually also take a suitcase just for shoes!!

Thanks for your help

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: A Limit Of Luggage On RCL??

Gail, you sound like my mom. She has a garmet bag, suitcase for shoes, a bag just for makeup (and she doesn't even wear that much) and a HUGE suitcase for clothes. I believe you can take what you want. Its more like a hotel than an airline, and at a hotel you can have as much luggage as you want. I would call and talk to someone else just to be sure, but just ask them if there is a limit. Again, I would think not.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to San Diego (only a few hours from out house) and we were only there 2 nights. My mom had 3 suitcases. Talk about high maintanence.

Carnival Liberty
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Andre

I think you are overinterpreting their intentions. They sent four tags because they reasonably assume (and probably find in practice) that that is plenty for most people (it saves a lot of money to only print four tags when most people use two-four, as aopposed to eight for everyone). The fact is, you can show up at the pier with NO luggage tags (I've done this) and they will simply put one on (just like an airline).

You are not limited to four bags/cabin, but if you need much more than THAT, you should be spending time unpacking some things.

Andre
Old August 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you should need more, just ask for some when you get to the pier, shouldn't be a problem.

Message Boards Moderator