Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Passenger

Default Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami?

I will be traveling on the Explorer of the Seas out of Miami in October. I got cheaper airfare to travel into Fort Lauderdale. Is there a shuttle that takes you into Miami. We have a hotel the night before we leave and it is 15 miles from the Fort Lauderdale airport. If not, does anyone know what the cost of a taxi would be. Any information will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:22 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami?

There is. I believe it is called Tri-County Shuttle or something like that. If you google Tri-county you should find their website. If you are 3 or more people, my advice is to take the private towncar. From Ft Lauderdale to our hotel in South Beach it was $50.00. The shuttle is $15.00 per person and takes more people, which means more stops, so for the difference in cost, the towncar is a better deal. The driver we had was very friendly too and pointed out lots of sights and gave us some good advice. At debarkation, the shuttle buses are there at the pier waiting to take you back to Ft. Laud. I don't remember seeing any towncars available at the pier though, so we took the shuttle bus but got lucky and our stop was the first one.
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:10 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami?

Thank you for the information. It helped out alot.
Old September 1st, 2005, 12:45 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Re: Re: Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami?

you are very welcome.
Old September 1st, 2005, 12:49 PM
hcat

try www.florodalimo.com they offer pvt car, shuttle or shared ride which we took--it was quick & all our luggage fit....no adv regis needed--the have a spot at the airport just outside the terminal from what i recall
Old September 2nd, 2005, 07:42 AM
Passenger

We flew into Ft Lauderdale for a cruise leaving the Port of Miami, saving $600 off the cost of airfare for 4 people. I found that the cheapest way to Miami was to rent a car. However, most rental companies will tack on a hefty one way drop charge, usually an extra $50 on top of the rental price. Enterprise has a policy that waives the one way charge if you drop the car at a port location. In this case we dropped the car off at Enterprises port location in downtown Miami on 2nd ave. There was no additional fee AND they provided FREE shuttle service for the entire family to the ship. I think we paid a total of $36. This was also very convenient because we arrived the day before our ship set sail, stayed overnight in Miami and had the use of the car.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 07:52 AM
Passenger

I should mention that the rental car option does not work for the return to Ft Lauderdale. We did have to take a shuttle back to Ft Lauderdale, which was more than double the cost of the rental car. We saved a few bucks and had the use of a rental car to see the sites in Miami.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Catie

WE are doing the same thing. We hired a limo service wth a limo bus (there are 22 of us). We have done this out of Galveston from the houston airport too.
We just did a search for limo companies in the broward-dade counties areas. At least 10 came up and my friend talked to several and lined up a limobus and a van for our luggage. Its cheaper than cruise line shuttles and a lot more fun and convenient because it is just your group.

hope this helps
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
mike53

Are you by chance departing Miami on Oct. 23??? if so, So are my wife and I.
Old September 5th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Passenger

No we are leaving out on the 9th.
Old September 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
ttasha

We are flying into FLL for the same reason. Someone toldme youcan usually get a towncar for less than a taxi at most airports so I did a "limousine & ft lauderdale" search and found a site where you can enter your info and receive quotes from up to 10 companies. Beware though, they do add on port fees, etc. You can also checkout The ft lauderdale airport website. There is a page that gives you pricing for taxi vs. shuttle, a # to call for shuttle res., etc.
Tasha
Old September 5th, 2005, 06:28 PM
hcat

our shared ride was in reality a taxi but cost so much less...just shared with another couple they oput us in with & it was simple!
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Default transportation from fll to mia

Hi, We are doing the same thing at the end of October, Look at Tri County shuttle service, Larry's limos, or Bradley Limos. You can find some shuttle info on the FLL airport website.

Good luck and let me know which one you choose, or if you found a better option.

Jayne
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Don't forget to check out Super Shuttle:

Super Shuttle

Message Boards Moderator