Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Dow Dow

Default Set Sail Pass

We have signed all our docs. and printed our set sail pass. Does this thing really make boarding faster? Is there a separate line for us? Anyone with any experiences using this new document? We are going out of Galveston. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Set Sail Pass

Just my opinion and experience, by filling out the pass ahead of time it just saves you from doing it in line at the port. My RCI cruise in July, I had my sister's and my SS Pass filled out, parked at the port at 11:01 AM according to the ticket and walked on the ship by 11:59 AM. We walked pass others filling them out at the counter.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just came back from the Enchanment OTS. It was a breeze I waited no more than 5 mins which had ahuge line to begin with
Old September 4th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Passenger

The SS Pass is worth filling out. We just came back from Miami on the Explorer and the pass does save time. There are special lines that only take those with the SS Pass. It makes check-in quick. Just a note- whatever credit card you use when you sign up on-line, that is the one you have to show and start out with. Once onboard, you can go to the Purser's desk and change the card being billed.
Old September 5th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Dow Dow

Thanks everyone for the help. I want to spend as much time on the ship as I can.
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Chipmeister

How exactly does this work? Is there a separate check-in line for pass. who have completed this? In the past, I remember filling out my info online ahead of time and it seems that if there is no sep. check-in line, it would the same thing. Just wondering.

Chip
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Doris Miller

This is not a separate line but it just goes a little faster if you have reguestered online.
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Shades

In Baltimore last month there was a separate line with only 1 person ahead of us. There were over 50 people in the other line. I ALMOST felt guilty. What was more surprising was the number of people out in the parking lot filling out and affixing luggage tags. The luggage tags came with the ticket book, preprinted, self-stick - how hard was it to put them on at home? (These were clearly people that drove to the port - I could see not putting it on yet if you were flying).

It pays to be prepared.