Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM
SS

Default which hotel in Miami Beach

Hi guys- haven't posted here since my last cruise!

We are using the 50% off voucher that RCL gave us after they diverted our cruise last year due to Hurricanes Frances and Ivan.

Anyways, we are getting to Miami a few days earlier and are wondering which hotel to stay at. There are two that have caught my eye:

Blue Moon Hotel
Four Points Sheraton

Any one out there that can help me out? Maybe you can recommend another hotel? We want to stay on Miami Beach close to the action.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Gary and Kathy Friermood

Default Re: which hotel in Miami Beach

Best Western at Biscayne Bay was nice Nov. 04. Quiet surroundings ..Nice resturant next door..Good for one night......Gary & Kathy
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Beginner

We stayed at the Marriott in Biscayne Bay last August for two nights and had a fabulous panoramic view of the whole Bay and saw our cruise ship come in. I would truly recommend it. If you want to cab over to South Beach that is very worthwhile as well! If you have marriott points even better!
Old September 9th, 2005, 05:53 PM
hcat

we liked the Hoiday Inn at bayside market place..very clelan & well-located except if you want to beach it!
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Yeoman

We are staying at the Double Tree Biscayne Bay. Looks nice and we got a really nice price through RCCL.

Carnival Liberty
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Dave P

Hello... We will be staying again in Miami for the 8th time in December before our cruise departs.

I have to echo an earlier post about the Biscayne Marriott, or the Hyatt downtown. We have rotated between these two hotels when we cruise out of Miami. Both are excellent and well kept. The Hyatt is closer to the Bayside market place if that interests you. The Biscayne Marriott does have a great outdoor pool and bar area and a great view of the port.

It is always hard to decide which hotel is best suited for each persons taste. Everyone has their own opinion of many things. All I can offer is that both of the above are nice, well kept, have great views, are in good areas, and have decent restaurants if you care to eat on premise.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Dave
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Beginner

Stay at the Savoy Hotel. You can book it on expedia...It is located right on Ocean Drive & 5th St, so its the perfect location for South Beach nightlife. You are really close to where the cruise ships dock so if you are cruising also it'll be a breeze getting there. If you're looking for a quiet, sophisticated place to stay well worth the $, stay at the Savoy.

Its also a beachfront hotel with private beach access, a pool, and private beach chairs and umbrellas. Gorgeous location...Good luck with your trip..