Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:01 PM
Beginner

Default FIRST TIME CRUISER QUESTION.....

I know the dress code for evenings but I was wondering if shorts were allowed for lunch and breakfast (cruising majesty of the seas 10/05)
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Passenger

CONGRATULATIONS...
Plan on never going on a "regular" vacation again...

My wife and I have sailed on the "sister" ship Monarch of the Seas a couple of times in the last year.

Breakfast and Lunch attire is casual, so shorts are OK...Just may not want to come in a bathingsuit. Everything else should be good.

Have fun, enjoy and welcome to the "Cruising Club"...

Monarch 4/2005, 5/2005...
Old September 21st, 2005, 04:15 PM
Yeoman

A bathing suit is fine for breakfast and lunch-as long as it isnt wet! Especially in the Windjammer when people will be heading off to the beach, tour, or pool. For a man-wear a shirt and shoes, a woman-wear a coverup and shoes.

alison
Old September 21st, 2005, 05:42 PM
Beginner

It is my first cruise and I am soooooo excited. Thank you for your advice.
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

We were on Serenade of the Seas this past April & bathing suits & such were not allowed in the Windjammer. You had to be covered up & wear shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, etc. There was even a sign posted & one woman was turned away for lunch when she tried to enter with shorts & her bikini top.

Just make sure you have a t-shirt/shorts on & you will have no problems. I know they did not allow bathing suits in the dining room either. They were very strict on that.
Old September 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

So as long as you are wearing shorts and t-shirt or tank top, you can have your swimsuit on underneath? For guys, most of the swimsuits look just like shorts these days, are these okay with a t-shirt or tank top? We never ate in the Windjammer on our Monarch cruise last year, we were in Ensenada the first day and had burgers on the pool deck the sea day, but I wondered how they handled the "no swimsuit" rule in the Windjammer, with so many people being out at the pool. Of course, I would expect to wear something a little nicer in the dining room at lunch, nicer shorts, no swimsuit underneath, etc.
Old September 26th, 2005, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Quote:
So as long as you are wearing shorts and t-shirt or tank top, you can have your swimsuit on underneath?
Yes, that is fine.
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Those swimsuit coverups work also.