Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
Passenger

Default royal carribean customer service

Bigdog-

I was on voyager of the seas in July going to Bermuda, due to hurricane franklin we were re-routed to lovely Halifax, Nova Scotia. Halifax is wonderful, but not exactly what we paid for or planned to go. Needless to say no one on this ship was happy about this change. You may even have seen it on the news.

The reason I'm replying to your post is that I feel your pain, but as far as Royal Caribbean is concerned you really are not going to get anywhere. We all paid about double the price to go to Canada. We did not receive any on board credit, and no money back. They were even kind enough to raise the price of sweatshirts knowing we were all packed for warm weather. We also could not use anything outdoors on this ship since we wound up in the same storm we were supposed to be avoiding. This company is known for horrible customer service, and they have earned every word of it. We all experienced alot of what you all did, and when we got home alot of us where on this forum discussing our experience, and getting alot of the same feedback that you are. If people still want to give this company their hard earned money that is their mistake to make, I myself will stick to Carnival, a company that takes pride in their customer service, and is very comparable to Royal. Beaches is also wonderful and your alcohol is included.

I know you are angry but waiting for this company to do something upstanding is a waste of time and energy. Just learn from it and never cruise with them again and make sure you tell anyone you can about your experience. Hopefully they will keep treating their customers like this and go out of business.
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

I started reading the original post and thought to myself, "gee this sounds familiar..." Then I realized bigdog (or some other username) had left the identical post on just about every cruise message board in the world. The same hearsay, shoulda coulda woulda crap that has no basis in fact... it's my brother-in-law told all of the employees that the diver said that my wife and her great aunt heard that we saw everything going on. And by God I'm gonna get a big dog maritime lawyer to sue the $@&%#@&s. Like a previous post said, hopefully big dog won't sail RCL again, so I don't have to watch him make a scene about some imagined offense...
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Captain

People you need to get over it and move on, things happen. I've cruised for almost 25 years, missed ports, mechanical issues, various other problems and they say "stuff" happens.

I never once thought about making a federal case out of it, writing letters threatening lawsuits, etc.

I pay way more for my cruises than the average person as I sail single and value my hard earned money, too. I sat in San Juan for 2 1/2 days on Sovereign of the Seas one time (7 day cruise at single rate) and I thought the credit they gave me for my shipboard account was fair. What were they going to do, take us through a hurricane??? They made the choice that they felt was the best, alot of people disagreed but, oh, well!

I also sailed in Hawaii with Princess and we missed islands and they did not one thing for us, no free drinks, no shipboard money, nothing just shuffled us off to Vancouver at a slower pace. We were SOL, they said we couldn't do tenders and that was the end of story.

Do I sail these lines? You betcha, Princess and RCI are my favorites over Carnival, Celebrity, Costa and NCL any day. Read your cruise contract that comes with your ticket word for word some time.