Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Beginner

Default Interior Cabins on the Jewel of the Seas

We've been on several cruises and have usually booked an oceanview or balcony cabin. Next year we're going on a baltic cruise and decided to try an interior cabin. We've been told that most of the baltic ports aren't that picturesque and since we'll be at sea at night there's not that much to look at anyway.
We love a bargain and interior cabins are less expensive and only 5 sq. ft. smaller than an outside cabin. However, we are concerned about it feeling claustrophobic and it being somewhat cave-like.
Any thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Yeoman

Default Inside cabin

Couldn't do an inside; very spoiled by a balcony. We will be on Jewel 12/10/05. We understand it is a very beautiful ship . We chose a Superior cabin with balcony because the staterooms are larger. This is not a dress rehearsal; splurge.
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Interior Cabins on the Jewel of the Seas

Who has told you that? Most ports are really picturesque!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfohara
We've been told that most of the baltic ports aren't that picturesque.....
Any thoughts
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Beginner

Our travel agent said that most of the baltic ports were very industrial. Other people have confirmed this. Are they wrong?
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

An interior cabin is a very cost-effective way to save money. Yes, you are going to have to go up on deck to see any sights, but try and termine how much you like to stay in the cabin.

Art's one complaint is he cannot tell the weather, but I think this is easy to overcome.

On claustrophobia, often I will just leave the door open to stave off this feeling. Do know that when you turn out the light, it is pitch black, so a lot of people say they have a tendancy to oversleep.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old October 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Yes, I would say that they have not visited the Baltic ports!

Quote:
Our travel agent said that most of the baltic ports were very industrial. Other people have confirmed this. Are they wrong?
Old October 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Captain

I do inside cabins alot, just returned from 21 days on the Sea Princess in an inside cabin.

I'm going to do back to backs in the Med which will amount to 24 days in an inside, not a problem. I'm pretty sure I'll go with RCI this time and even though I sailed in a balcony cabin on the Brilliance before, I'll still do the inside.

I just can't justify the added expense for the amount of time I'm in my cabin.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Passenger

We were on the beautiful Jewel last September. We had an inside stateroom and we felt comfortable in it. We did not spend much time in the room as there are so many wonderful areas on the ship. At night we keep the bathroom light on and the door slightly open. We like to cruise 2 times a year and the inside state room makes this more affordable.
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:06 PM
First Mate

We usually book an inside cabin due to the cost. As the previous poster said, leave the bathroom light on and the door ajar and it won't be so dark at night. We also leave the tv on when in the cabin tuned to the channel that shows the view from the front of the ship. This helps to give us a good feeling of what is going on outside.

We really don't spend enough time in our cabin to feel like we are being deprived!

Michelle
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Admiral

Well I have done insides, oceanviews, balconies and atriums-have not done a suite though-I always have a good time on a cruise-no matter the cabin. When I book an inside as opposed to a balcony-I spend a little more time up on the lido.

Sometimes we book 2 cabins so hubby and I can have privacy-when we do that we book 2 insides- when we book a balcony, the daughter is with us in the cabin.

I will say this too-I feel an oceanview is a waste of money-if I cannot get a balcony I settle for the inside cabin.

The inside does have a couple of good things about it-you can sleep to 3 in the afternoon if you want in an inside-no sun to wake you up.

So I say if this makes the cruise affordable for you-as we all know Europe will be more expensive as you have those plane tickets to purchase-go for it-you can always do a caribbean cruise with a balcony another time-but if your finances are like mine-Europe may be something you can only afford every 5-10 yrs. or so. So I say go for it.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Another thing we do is when we get to our stateroom is have the attendant make the bed into twin beds. This makes the room seem bigger as you have the middle of the room to move around in.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Beginner

Thank you everybody. I really appreciate the input. I think we'll stick with the inside cabin and give it a try. I'll post a comment when we get back and let you know how we liked it.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Thank you everybody. I really appreciate the input. I think we'll stick with the inside cabin and give it a try. I'll post a comment when we get back and let you know how we liked it.
I hope you have a great time and I am a little jealous-I would take an inside cabin on a European cruise over a balcony suite on another caribbean any ole time-let us know about it when you get back.