Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
Beginner

Default Karaoke

What's the policy regarding bringing your own music discs on board? When on Mariner of the Seas earlier this month I was told they wouldn't or couldn't use/play them for my desired songs. Do they lack the equipment? or is all the available music that is in the ship's songbooks on some computer hard drive? Does it vary from ship to ship?

I also would like this shipboard event to last longer than 60 - 75 minutes! Yeah...yeah.....I know....they need the lounge for the next activity!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Beginner

I WAS JUST ON BRILLIANCE OTS AND THEY EVIDENTLY USE MP3 AS THEY COULDN'T USE CDG. THEIR SESSIONS LASTED ONLY 45 MINUTES WHICH WAS A WASTE AS MOST WHO WANTED TO SING NEVER HAD THE CHANCE. THEY EVEN RAN THE PRECEDING QUEST PROGRAM INTO THE KARAOKE SLOT WHICH MADE IT VERY VERY LATE. THEY SCHEDULED KARAOKE AT 10:30 OR 11:15 AT NIGHT WHICH WAS QUITE LATE TO BEGIN WITH. THE COLONY LOUNGE WAS NOT THAT BUSY IN THE DAYTIME AND MORE COULD HAVE BEEN HELD THEN. AFTER 18 CRUISES THIS WAS THE VERY WORST AS FAR AS KARAOKE. TRY CARNIVAL--IT'S BETTER