Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Beginner

Default Portofino Dress Code on Formal Night

Hello everybody, does anybody know what the dress code in Portofino is on formal nights? My wife and I do not wish to participate in formal night in the main dining room so we thought we'd eat at Portofino on those nights. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

The dress code for formal night applies to dress throughout the ship, not just the dining room. Nowhere does it say that one is expected to dress formally only if they will be eating in the dining room. That being said, if you choose to dress more casually, you should go to the Windjammer Cafe, not Portofino's.
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I believe the dress code for any alternative restaurant requires a jacket for men, and thats any night. Why not just pack a suit and enjoy "formal" night in the dining room, the menu is always a good one and a night you really don't want to miss.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:38 PM
First Mate

Pick a nite as suggested by Donna that is not the formal nite as these nites are special in the main dining room.You should wear a coat in the special restaurant as this is an upscale dining experience.
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Beginner

I went to Portofinos on the formal night last week and almost everyone was in formal attire. I few were in business casual.
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

From the horses mouth, here is what RCL website says about dress code in Portofinos. As usual, there will be the occasional rebel who wants to "stand out" in his pressed jeans and wife-beater shirt...

Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire in Portofino - jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

LL