Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Beginner

Default Mariner/Returning to Port

Does anyone know the earliest you are allowed to get off the ship once in port Air Tran just changed our fleight to 10:43 and I am concerned I will not make the fleight.
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Admiral

I grew up on Cocoa Beach and have cruised from Port Canaveral twice. It is 45 minutes from the Orlando airport on a good traffic day. I don't believe you will be able to make this flight unless you are one of the first ones off the ship and grab a taxi! You can't guarantee the ship will be cleared in time either. This will be very stressful and not the way you want to end you cruise vacation. I would try calling AT and speaking to a supervisor to explain your situation for a later flight or if there is anyway you can maybe stay over 1 night and fly out at that time on Monday. Good luck.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Passenger

I am not positive about this, but I think RCI strongly suggests that flights not be scheduled before noon....I would check with them directly on this one. Lynn
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Cruiser
I grew up on Cocoa Beach and have cruised from Port Canaveral twice. It is 45 minutes from the Orlando airport on a good traffic day. I don't believe you will be able to make this flight unless you are one of the first ones off the ship and grab a taxi! You can't guarantee the ship will be cleared in time either. This will be very stressful and not the way you want to end you cruise vacation. I would try calling AT and speaking to a supervisor to explain your situation for a later flight or if there is anyway you can maybe stay over 1 night and fly out at that time on Monday. Good luck.
Thanks for the information.
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:13 PM
Passenger

Varites,
We sailed on Mariner in February, and were off the ship by 8:15. We weren't the first ones off either. From what I remember, the white tags(first off priority) disimbarked before 8. That is no guarantee as it depends on your fellow non-resident passengers reporting in a TIMELY MANNER to immigration. If they behave and you can hook up with a car service that will be waiting for you---we used Bestway- 888 892-6311 you could be at MCO by 9. [/i]
Old November 2nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just returned from Mariner a few weeks ago. We were out front getting picked up at 8:30 and we were in the 5th group to get off. You can just go to the purser's desk the night before and get whatever color tag you need for you luggage. Or you can carry it off and go when you want. We had set up a van service ahead of time. It was MCO Express and they were great. I think it was $95.00 for as many people as you had up to, I think, 10, in a new oversized van/bus with TV. Took 50 minutes door to door. Enjoy tour trip, ship is great.

Chip
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Varites,
We sailed on Mariner in February, and were off the ship by 8:15. We weren't the first ones off either. From what I remember, the white tags(first off priority) disimbarked before 8. That is no guarantee as it depends on your fellow non-resident passengers reporting in a TIMELY MANNER to immigration. If they behave and you can hook up with a car service that will be waiting for you---we used Bestway- 888 892-6311 you could be at MCO by 9. [/i]

Thanks for the infomation, I feel a lot better now.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmeister
Just returned from Mariner a few weeks ago. We were out front getting picked up at 8:30 and we were in the 5th group to get off. You can just go to the purser's desk the night before and get whatever color tag you need for you luggage. Or you can carry it off and go when you want. We had set up a van service ahead of time. It was MCO Express and they were great. I think it was $95.00 for as many people as you had up to, I think, 10, in a new oversized van/bus with TV. Took 50 minutes door to door. Enjoy tour trip, ship is great.

Chip
Thanks for the infomation, I feel a lot better now.
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We made the trip in and out of Port Canaveral in May. If I were you, I would definitely call AT since they changed your flight times. I agree with CA Cruiser...it would be very stressful trying to make a 10:43 flight. You will want to arrive at MCO at least an hour before your flight; that is 9:43 a.m. As the previous posters said, it is 45-55 minute drive from the Port to MCO. That means you would have to pass customs and immigration, get your bags, and be IN your transportation by 8:43 a.m. Ain't gonna happen...

Change your flight and have a great cruise...

LL
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Beginner

I have been cruises where my plane left early like yours. We always made the plane by making sure we informed our Porter of our early departure, we had a pre-arranged car service waiting for us and most important we kept our luggage in the room with us before departing so we did not have to find it. You should make your plane easily, we are sailing on the Mariner January 8 and our departure plane leaves at 10:30 am from Orlando.
Old November 7th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Beginner

Default Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinnie
I have been cruises where my plane left early like yours. We always made the plane by making sure we informed our Porter of our early departure, we had a pre-arranged car service waiting for us and most important we kept our luggage in the room with us before departing so we did not have to find it. You should make your plane easily, we are sailing on the Mariner January 8 and our departure plane leaves at 10:30 am from Orlando.
Thanks for the information, I think we will take you advise and keep our bags with us.
Old November 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM
First Mate

One delay in having immig clear the ship & you are dead meat! Get a later flight or stay over. No one has control over the timing to clear the ship--why have such stress!
Old November 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Beginner

You should call Air Tran and have them change your departure time. The same thing happened to my daughter and when I pointed out that THEIR change caused a problem they changed her flight with no problem or charge. Don't try to make that flight. Even if you get off at 8am you still have to get your luggage and get to the Orlando airport.
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oh ye of little faith. I still say it's doable. I DID IT EASILY, and have talked with others who have too. Yeah, there's a possibility anything can go wrong but that's true of anything. If you don't want to sit around all day waiting for a diff. flight, then give it a shot. If you are the nervous type and don't care when you get home (depending on how long Airtran will make you wait for an open flight), then call them and ask them to change. Bear in mind that they may not have anything available, even that same day. Either way, have a good trip.
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Keep in mind AirTran made the change and by contacting them and expressing your travel itinerary, they should change your flights with no penalties. This often happens on many airlines. Even though some have made flights from Coco Beach to MCO with similar departure times, doesn't mean that you will. It doesn't sound worth the aggravation & anticipation, extra expense of a limo or taxi and your great vacation experience. Call Air Tran ASAP.

Caribbean Princess
Old November 18th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmeister
Oh ye of little faith. I still say it's doable. I DID IT EASILY, and have talked with others who have too. Yeah, there's a possibility anything can go wrong but that's true of anything. If you don't want to sit around all day waiting for a diff. flight, then give it a shot. If you are the nervous type and don't care when you get home (depending on how long Airtran will make you wait for an open flight), then call them and ask them to change. Bear in mind that they may not have anything available, even that same day. Either way, have a good trip.
Oh...it is doable...I've done somthiing like it. Except we were in Tampa. Had a flight (also Airtran) that was scheduled to leave at 11. Ship was supposed to be docked by 7:30. Wasn't docked until 9. Then customs was delayed clearing the ship. Then they kept paging a passenger over and over again. They finally allowed disembarkation of the first group at 10. I do have to say, I was on the phone to airtran (there were 16 of us...over spring break) and told them we were on our way. When we got to the airport, they had someone to meet the vans, help us with our luggage, and opened a window just to check us in. We made the fight just before the doors closed. But man...it was stressful, especially since had we missed that flight, we wouldn't have been able to get back home until Tuesday. Subsequently, I book flights home no earlier than 1 p.m.