Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:54 AM
First Mate

Default newbie to Royal Carribean

Hi, I have been on 6 carnival cruises and loved them , but I just booked on Royal Carribbean for the first time as it was going out of N.J. and close to home here in N.H., I do not know all the little things like I do with Carnival, is dressing the same at dinner or more dressy, I booked on the top deck I am not sure if thats a good location or not as I wanted an AFT balcony and that is what they gave me, I am on the Explorer of the Sea is this a nice ship? Did I make a good choice? Any little things you can help me with would be greatly appreciated. I need to get that thrill back, that I get when going on Carnival. I already posted my first question in the wrong spot (sorry) now I cannot find it, to fix it, it is probably in the carnival spot, see I am a carnival gal, and feel like a trader help me thru this thanks Gail
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2005, 09:18 AM
Beginner

You will love the RCCL. I have never been on Carnival but I'm mainly a RCCL cruiser. It may be a little less of a party shiip than the Carnival but people are having a great time. They will have plenty to do, a western night and a 50's theme night. They usually have a party on the deck which is a lot of fun. I haven't been on the Explorer but have enjoyed all the other RCCL ships I have been on.
Old October 31st, 2005, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Welcome to the family. You will love RCI and in my opinion a step up from Carnival. I am leaving on my 9th RCI in less than two weeks and have only been on Carnival once. But I felt out of place since I didn;t have a NASCAR hat or t-shirt or any tattoos.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Gail you will love cruising with RCCL. I have no complaints. I have never sailed with another cruiseline and never will. Get ready because you are going to have a wonderful time!
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Yeoman

Default Newbie to Royal Carribean

Gail, you will love Explorer. We sailed on her when she was new. Before that, Voyager her twin. The size alone is awesome and you will love the promenade. I feel RC cabins are a step up from Carnival. We have sailed 17 times, most on RC,some Princess and two Carnival.Loved Carnival food and lemonade. Really have to look at the difference in price and Carnival is a lot more economical, but new ships are coming on for both lines and we'll be looking , looking. Have a wonderful cruise and keep all of us informed. We do love to cruise vicariously!

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07