Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:23 PM
Passenger

Default Voyager Of The Seas Bayonne Nov 4 DELAYED

We are sailing tomorrow Nov 4th on Voyager of the Seas from Bayonne. We have been advised that the Voyager will be delayed arriving due to leaving late from Bermuda. Apparently caused by, as described on Bermuda Gazette page, " The winds of Terror ."

IN PART: Article published Nov 3, 2005
Winds of terror

Somerset Bridge residents have spoken of the terror they felt when a tornado tore through their neighbourhood yesterday afternoon, ripping roofs off houses and sending huge chunks of debris crashing into a supermarket.
Miraculously, no one was hurt when freak winds wreaked havoc in the White Hill, Woodlawn Road, Sandys area just after 2 p.m – described by one eye-witness as involving a 60-foot water spout that sent trees flying.
Six homes had their roofs blown off, and many more suffered damage. The area was left strewn with rubble, and scores of government and emergency services workers were last night working on the clean-up effort.

I contacted RCI who did confirm that the Voyager would be arriving late but that they did not have a time as yet. My TA told me that he was given a 3:30 pm arrival which would mean that boarding would be delayed naturally. I will call again in the morning when they should have a better idea.

I am sure that Bayonne embarkation will be a monor disaster tomorrow. Thought I would get it on here for those traveling on Voyager or picking up on from Voyager.

There is nothing on thier site naturally!!!

George in NY
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi George,
I'm a bit suprised that they don't have any current information up on their web-site about this. I just checked and they still have yesterday's update on changes concerning Wilma...I would imagine it would be much later before the new group could begin boarding tomorrow. Yes, I can see mass confusion tomorrow in NJ....hope you get some more good information.

Message Boards Moderator