Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bahia Mar Beach Resort Ft. Lauderdale

Wife and I booked our first cruise (5 day cruise on April 15th) and our travel agent booked us the night before and night after at the above hotel. Have done some research and the hotel seems to have gotten some bad reviews. Has anyone stayed there? What are your thoughts? Been wondering if I should switch to a different hotel but prices seem to be very steep in the area. Thanks for any info you can give.

J
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Admiral

I have stayed at this Radisson Bahia Mar twice. It is no longer my first choice ( Embassy Suites on 17th St is). there is nothing wrong with it.
It is located on the A1A between the ocean and the intracoastal waterway. It is next door to the Bahia Mar Yacht basin. It is a full service hotel, restaurants, shops, bar room service etc. Best , largest rooms are in the main building although there is nothing wrong with the annex building .
There is a pool, and a footbridge over the highway to the beach. Tons and tons of restaurants and shops are in walking distance along the A1A. The deli /convenience store right across the parking lot from the hotel (services the yacht basin) serves great breakfasts and lunches. For a 1 night pre and post stay you will be fine.
Old November 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Papabill,

Why the Embassy Suites?
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Why the Embassy Suites? First you get a two room suite with two tvs, a little mini dining area and a pull out couch . Second you get free airport shuttle pick up and free port shuttle. You get free complete breakfast (very extensive and very good) in the morning and free evening cocktails. Location is next to (and across the street from) a shopping center. Anything from internet cafe to dive shop to pharmacy to food stores. Multiple restaurants at the hotel and within a block or two walking distance. Nice pool.
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we go on vacation the Embassy Suites are usually our first pick. Love the free cocktails and snacks in the evening and some (maybe all) have a great free breakfast buffet w/ made to order omelettes. We have stayed off the strip in Vegas and by the Airport in Orlando and have recieved top notch service at both. Would be staying there in Fort Lauderdale as well but there was a veryy large difference in price.
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Admiral

We will be staying at the Bahia Mar Resort for our post-cruise stay. I was told this is NO longer a Radisson property and it is not as nice as it once was. We got this hotel thru Priceline for about $85. Like PapaBill said, it's only 1 night, really less because we have a 6 AM flight back to California on Monday. Embassy Suites are also are favorite! Have stayed at the one off the strip in Vegas a couple of times, very nice. Also the one in Miami after Hurricane Frances, very nice but isolated area.

Banshee, I will try to remember to let you know how are hotel stay was when we return 12/05. Feel free to email me if I forget.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Passenger

Does the Embassy have a good pool? We will be getting in around 12pm day before and like to just lay by the pool all day an relax.
Old November 11th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Embassy Suites has a nice , small pool at the side of the hotel. Even though just off a very busy street, gardens and plantings keep it private and quiet. The outdoor seating for their restaurant is right next to the pool.