Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Default Live from the Enchantment of the Seas

Good morning! First day was rather uneventful, meet and greet type stuff, everyone seemed to be in early. Up this Am to run around the track on sundeck. Wind exceeding 40 knots going forward, seas a bit rough but not bad.

Big day of frinking around the pool today, no chair hogs out early, just a few early birds around the pool. New pool area is great but the Oasis bar is on the non-smoking side of the pool, Smoke on Starboard.

More later........
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to VagabondiLondi

Hey, who's the cruise director there? gonna be on there on thursday.
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey BW,
Thanks for checking in, hope things die down a little so you can really enjoy the pool deck. Be sure to say "HI" to Dave the Wave for us, I know he is also onboard this week, you're sure to spot him by the pool. Have fun and looking forward to more updates...

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Hey Donna! That post was written by me. I have no idea why it put by Beanieweenie???? When I went to cruisemates.com, it showed I was logged in. It was so slow, to log out and in again, I let it go and it showed beenieweenie as the author, maybe she was on the same PC before me??? Someone had been becasue as soon as I started tying in cruisemates, it already had the site in cookies. Oh well...

Cruise director is Chris Armas, pretty good but no Matt Baker, I asked about him and Chris impled they had to let him go and he was in Chicago doing something else???

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Admiral

OMG Dave! That is wild! I saw that post and I was like hey!!! I'm a victim of stolen identity. If you were on the first desktop on the left, that was the one I was using too. Glad you had a great time, so did we. However, Dorothy was right, there's no place like home.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Rreally??

I as on the one nearest the rail forward toward my cabin 8093, the first from in from the internet. Were you on the at the same time? OMG?

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:11 AM
Admiral

We weren't on at the same time. I left the Enchantment Nov 12th which if I recall was when you got on. I just missed you by probably about an hour lol! When you were boarding the Enchantment we were just down the street boarding the Liberty. Evidently I must not have logged out of Cruisemates and when you used the same terminal it thought you were me.
I am so glad you were the one who jumped on after me. Someone could have had a lot of fun with my screen name. lol!
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
Admiral

SO, Beenie Weenie, back to backs, WOW!! With first hand experience, how would you compare the Enchantment to the Liberty?? Or more generally, the Carnival experience to Royal Caribbean. I am struggling with booking the Enchantemnt for 5 nights again on May 22 or possibly the Miracle on the 21st for 7 nights. Taking the kids this time when school gets out.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Gee Dave, I think both cruise lines are great. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Like you, I love the pools on the Enchantment, especially for the kids. I found the kids club on the Liberty to do a better job with kids 3-5 years of age.
Harry's was far superior to Chops, but honestly I found no fault with Chops, just that the food and service were better at Harry's but both were great.
The embarcation and debarcation in Ft. Lauderdale was executed beautifully by Royal Caribbean, while it was a complete and total nightmare with Carnival. Old people in wheelchairs and babies in strollers were baking out in the hot florida sun for hours with no shade or water waiting to board, ambulances had to be called for people who collapsed from exposure to the heat. I know travel agents had been permitted to board the ship for a luncheon tour before we were allowed to board, and do not know if that is why they delayed boarding passengers or what the problem was, but Carnival needs to get their act together in this area. It is the wrong way for their guests to begin their vacation.
The other major flaws with the Liberty I found was the way they handled their Lido deck buffet service at Emiles as well as the grill, pizza, and deli...too many lines, too many people standing around waiting for things that should have been anticipated.
I have to say though Enchantment had its own buffet issues, they eliminated alot of lines and waiting with their island concept, but they did a poor job of stocking table service, plates, cups, etc... they consistently ran out of coffee and there were always complaints about the staff keeping things stocked. The other thing passengers were frustrated with was that the Windjammer didn't open until 7:30 a.m. especially after shiptime changed and it was 8:30 a.m. if the time hadn't changed and even though coffee was served before that, they ran out alot.
My husband felt the staff on the Liberty was more friendly than on the Enchantment, I didn't notice this. I have to say that I count myself fortunate to have the opportunity to experience Cruise Director John Heald of the Liberty. I never felt the need to purchase a travel log until I saw him. He is better than any entertainment on either ship. Those were my impressions. and as soon as I hit submit, I'll think of more to say. I think either way you'd have a great time. You'll never find perfection but I certainly enjoyed the past few weeks and can't think of anywhere else I'd rather have been.