Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Beginner

Default wine packages with RCCL

Has anyone purchased the wine packages RCCL is now offering? I noticed they have 3 differenct packages Silver, Gold and Plainum I believe. I was wondering what these packages include and the cost. I could not find much/any information on the RCCL website or with our cruise docs.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Familiar Face

Yeah, it is hard to find info online about that. Basically, going from memory, there are 5 bottle and 7 bottle packages. This tends to change from year to year though. The different packages give you about 7 wines to choose from in Silver, maybe 10 for gold and 13 for platinum. (this is a rough guess). There are different wines to choose from including red, white and a basic champagne. They are decent wines that would normally sell for around $20 to $30 on the cruise, but nothing fancy. If you don't drink all of a bottle at dinner, they will cork it for you and automatically bring it out the next night. If you go to the specialty restaurant, you can pre-order the wine through your regular dining room server the night before and they will have it for you at the specialty restaurant, where wine is normally more expensive by the way (but excellent, even by the glass). As I recall, I think it was just over $100 for 7 bottles. I think it roughly worked out to getting 1 bottle free, so if you drink wine every night as we do, it works out well.
Old November 28th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the info. I am not a wine drinker but my wife is. She will definately be drinking wine at dinner.

Thanks again,

Courtland
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Beginner

We bought the Gold wine package on Radiance of the Seas and were very pleased with it. The choice of wines on the Gold plan was excellent and we didn't see any need to buy the other two, more expensive plans. The assistant waiter checks to see which wine you want, and serves it in the dining room. We didn't take advantage of getting the wind at other venues, but we could have had our wine package wine served in the other public areas, if we chose to. We would buy a package again if sailing with RCCL.
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Just returned from a wonderful cruise (1st ever) on Sat. Dec. 10, on the Navigator of the Seas.

We purchase the Diamond package of 7 bottles for *189.00 (plus txs.)

The selection although not extensive has something for everyone's liking (IMO). If your wife isn't sure of what wine to order with the meal, she could always ask the waiter or your head waiter.

Free@53.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old December 14th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Beginner

We were on the Radiance through the Panama Canal in October -- 14 days. We purchased the Platinum package. Very nice wines, and quite a few choices. We only "duplicated" our wine choice once for dinner, and that's because we wanted that particular kind again.