Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Beginner

Default 2 man bubble sub

Has anyone been on the "2 man bubble sub" at Grand Cayman? Or have you done a "Snuba" excursion? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 2 man bubble sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlandjo
Has anyone been on the "2 man bubble sub" at Grand Cayman? Or have you done a "Snuba" excursion? Thanks.
I did the Bubble sub last month. If you cannot dive (or don't) this is the next best thing. I actually went as a single since no one else had signed up during the same time period. A boat will pick you up at the dock (after you tender in from the ship) and it is a 10 - 15 minute ride out to the dive site. You will get a safety briefing and then you enter the sub and begin your journey. We went down to about 70 feet and even landed on the bottom (at about 50 feet). We "dove" the wall and saw schools of fish, a turtle (no rays though) and the diver even fed bits of apple to a school of fish to get them real close to the sub. You can bring a good camera or even a camcorder (I was leary of doing this but with a little protection on the trip out and back it will be fine) or buy an underwater camera as you will get an opportunity to get some great shots. The water was crystal clear and the diver said it would have been even better if the sun had been out (it was very windy and cloudy when I went). The whole dive lasted about 35 minutes. IMO well worth the money. Check ou www.bubblesub.com for more information and some great pictures. Also, bring a little money as you may want to tip and even purchase the T-Shirt ($20).

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old December 7th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

My husband and I did it last April and loved it. I agree with mjyanne, its definitely worth the money. We really like the personalized service.
Old January 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Beginner

My husband and I did it a couple years ago. It was one of the best excursions we have ever been on. Very unique. The man that took us was very accomodating and I loved his Australian accent. Our time was up and he was starting to bring us up to the surface, when he spotted a stingray. My husband had mentioned he wanted to see one. The diver then dove down and swam after the ray so my husband could see it. There is communication between you and the diver....he tells you about all that you are seeing.

KJ