Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Beginner

Default age restrictions in majesty's kid/teen program?

My family of 4 has never cruised before and we're very excited about our upcoming cruise this Friday, 12/16 on the Majesty. I have a question about the age restrictions in the kids/teens program, and would appreciate any help.

My daughter is 11 (12 in July) and is in middle school in 6th grade. She is quite mature for her age and many of her classmates are already 12. According to RCCL info, the age designations for their youth programs are 9-11 and 12-14.

She would like to be with the older group, which consists of her peers (and 14 year old brother), instead of the younger, elementary school aged kids. I agree with her, but I've been told that they are very strict about keeping kids with their proper age groups. Does anyone know? Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Beginner

I am now 21 but when I was young and devious I did the same thing on a RCCL ship, the granduer actually. The ages were a bit different then (13-17) I was 12 and just said I 13 from the time I crossed the gangway and no one said anything to me. If she does have problems I would just say she wants to be with her brother. I have never met any staff on board who were not more than helpful, especially to keep family together I can't see it being a problem. Have fun!!