Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Beginner

Default hey u gota read please....!!

hey my names amanda ok..me and my friend and like 16 18 yr old boys and girls..are all going on a cruise..the rhapsody of the seas one ..and me and my friend that are 15 are wondering who all is going on it so if ur a teenager..and is goin on this cruise june 25th. please.tell me.cuz we wanna get to kno ppl before we get on the ship so we can all meet up and chill so please tell me
thanks
<3 Amanda
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

huh?

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 21st, 2005, 08:28 AM
Passenger

hee hee
Old December 21st, 2005, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

You might want to try posting on the teen board - you may get a better response there.
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I hope this is not how they are teaching kids to write in school these days.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
First Mate

Aint the educational system great!

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old December 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I hope this is not how they are teaching kids to write in school these days.
Welcome to the world of horrible teaching and great internet abbreviations.
Old December 21st, 2005, 02:56 PM
Admiral

I guess penmanship and grammar are lost arts....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 21st, 2005, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy
You might want to try posting on the teen board - you may get a better response there.

Darcy I am glad you were nice to the poor girl. The poor thing's is probally afraid to post again.

Amanda-Royal Caribbean has a really nice teen program-my daughter when she was your age liked RCCL best because of the nice program they had for teens. You will meet plenty of nice young people your age I am sure.
Old December 21st, 2005, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: hey u gota read please....!!

You can't help but wonder if the post is really from a teenager.

How many post to Cruisemates have you read from teenagers before? Most all the post are from adults even on the Disney site.

Of course anything is possible...but as a parent...I would be very leary.
Old December 21st, 2005, 04:45 PM
Admiral

I am 100% sure it is a teenager with poor language arts skills.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default Re: hey u gota read please....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornchik47
hey my names amanda ok..me and my friend and like 16 18 yr old boys and girls..are all going on a cruise..the rhapsody of the seas one ..and me and my friend that are 15 are wondering who all is going on it so if ur a teenager..and is goin on this cruise june 25th. please.tell me.cuz we wanna get to kno ppl before we get on the ship so we can all meet up and chill so please tell me
thanks
<3 Amanda
Dave, does this make more sense?

Hello, my name is Amanda. My friend and I and other boys and girls of 16-18 yrs old are all going on a cruise - the rhapsody of the seas. My friend and I wonder (both 15 yrs old) if you are a teenager also, sailing on the same date, June 25, 2006, you can let us know , because we want to meet up with people before we get on the on the ship, thanks.

Amanda, although you have to wait a while before you sail, I wish you a great time!

Old December 21st, 2005, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Oh, now I get it! That makes complete sense. Amanda, I hope you meet some great people to chill with and have a wonderful time.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
Admiral

Dave, you better practice understanding teenagers because in a few years you will have some !!!!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Not all teenagers have bad grammar. I'm 16 and it drives me CRAZY when people type like that. I'm a complete English and Journalism nerd though, so I'm really into that stuff.
But anyway, Amanda- Enjoy your cruise! You'll meet a lot of teens so don't worry. You may want to check out the teen boards.
Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Venice, One will be a teenager next month but he is very articulate and knows how to spell and punctuate.

Taurus Chic, I don't think you have to be a nerd to have command of the language.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Dave...does he text message his friends ? If yes, take a look at those sometimes...(opps, you can't do that to a teenager, well maybe ask him to give you a lesson in text messaging so you can text Brittany in a language she understands ) (VBG)
Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I am 100% sure it is a teenager with poor language arts skills.
I think you should let it go Dave.

I can remember my mom not liking my slang either when I was a teen but I turned out fine. I am sure you were not a model teenager either.

The only thing I wish Amanda had done was put in her title that she was looking for other teens on her cruise-then I would have never clicked on it.

I see no reason why so many here think it is their place to put down and make fun of others-especially a teenager.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Momofmeg,

I think there's a big difference between slang and lousy grammer and spelling. I hope you have higher standards for your kid, I sure would be EXTREMELY disappointed if my kid had lousy skills like that...personallyl I think she should stay home from the cruise and take some additional English courses....but then, some people think it isn't that important....

And thanks for the interpretation, Jacqueline! Good job! hee hee

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Momofmeg, I guess I am just old fashioned. Besides, my mother was an English teacher and I received constant corrections. It was annoying at the time but I am glad now that she did. Actually, I was a model teenager, good student and star athlete. It was when I became a young adult that all the trouble started not trouble with the law, just some kind of party animal in college and somehow have not been able to shake the habit. 8)

JeanS,

Thanks for sticking up for me.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 29th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanS
Momofmeg,

I think there's a big difference between slang and lousy grammer and spelling. I hope you have higher standards for your kid, I sure would be EXTREMELY disappointed if my kid had lousy skills like that...personallyl I think she should stay home from the cruise and take some additional English courses....but then, some people think it isn't that important....

And thanks for the interpretation, Jacqueline! Good job! hee hee
It was slang folks let it go-and yes I have a wonderful 21 year old daughter who just graduated college -who was a little bit of a jerk at times when she was Amanda's age and yes I would correct her NICELY and if she was super rebellious WITH MORE FORCE but I am not Amanda's mother. I know nothing about Amanda so I refuse to sit in judgement of her.

I have noticed though Dave loves to poke fun at other people-I have noticed this in many of his posts-I do not like people who make fun at other's expense. EX. He says Carnival is only motor cycle gang people with missing teeth but yet he has only been on Carnival Sensation-an older bargain cruise ship that only does minicruises.

There is a reason Carnival picked THAT SHIP to rent to FEMA-Carnival picked their 3 worse ships-all older ships - on which the cruises sell super cheap on those ships. The cruises only run like $200 to $300 a person on those ships unless it is the height of summer or a holiday so OFCOURSE you are going to run into some lower class people on that type of cruise. My thinking is if you don't want to rub shoulders with that type of people-don't be so cheap-spend a little more on a better cruise.

Back to Amanda. Because teenagers are in the process of growing up and are no longer children but not adults either- they are often unsure of themselves and often have little self esteem and many rebel because of having horrible parents who do not know how to parent and can only say negative things to them-maybe this is not Amanda's case-she may just be a brat for all I know- but I still think it does not hurt for us to act like adults on this board and not say things to tear at her self esteem.

Dave's mother-being a school teacher would know this better then most. I am sure that is WHY she expected so much of Dave and was such a good mother because she had seen first hand what can happen to less fortunate children.

Now maybe Dave's mother would have asked Amanda to post using better language but I am sure she would not have done as Dave has done going on and on and laughing about this poor kid.

I am sure also many can find fault with my bad grammer. If that will make Dave and you feel better go ahead- at least I am mature enough to handle it.
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

I believe in the old saying, "Do unto to others as you would have them do unto you" and since I don't mind if people make fun of me, then it is OK for me to make fun of other people. All in fun though....

Let's all drink!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 31st, 2005, 03:26 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mary09 Send a message via Yahoo to Mary09

thanks
<3 Amanda

If your worrying about if your gonna meet people the first night, trust me, it comes natural to meet people. You'll meet people the weirdest places like at a Cafe, or even out by the pool walking around. It is most recomemmed that you go to the teen club so that you can meet new people easier beacuse most teens go to the teen meeting place called "the living room" because quite frankly, if you dont have anyone else with you on the cruise you will get bored. Although there is an array of fun activities to do on the ship, its better to do it with a group of people you met rather than a whole bunch people you've never even seen on the cruise before. So make sure your really friendly with people and always walk around to see of you see some cute boys wandering around.
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
First Mate

the post by Amanda seems to suit the new demographic catered to by Royal--last trip on Brilliance the rap music played all day on the PA & the asst cruise director was a loud obnoxious in your face type of guy...----we love the ships but not the new hip get out there motif! Dave--don't worry-- I bet when Amanda looks for a job all her proper skills will fall into place----it's just the perceived cool way these days!