Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Question for Dave the Wave - again

Ok, so I was viewing some old Sovereign pics you took, to try and gear up for my cruise in April 2006. I noticed all the alcohol that you bring on board and was wondering where you pack it all??? You know a girl has to have her shoes and sandals so I'm not sure there will be much room for alcohol but i definitely wanted to take a bottle or two. I was going to do the plastic water bottle thing and fill it with vodka, or rum.
Just curious!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I just pack it in my suitcase. The vodka on the Sovereign was purchased onboard. I have heard they changed the policy but not sure if it is enforced. Don't bother with the water bottles. The plastic liqour bottles are a good idea though. Like this one of Smirnoff on the Enchantment....

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old December 22nd, 2005, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Buttercup..Dave the Wave failed to mention that in order to fit all of that liquor in his suitcase he does not pack any change of clothes and no personal effects (VBG). But he does manage to fit in a blow up doll of his favorite person just so when he cruises without his son, he can get a table for 2 !!!!

How he boards (as shown in his frequent pictures) is how he is all week

The man does have his priorities (smile)..and his sons bags are packed to the max with Dave's effects

Dave, I'm beginning to think CM should hire you as a staff person who specializes in practical applications on the SOS
Old December 23rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

Yeah, that's the pic!!!! I was in awe seeing it! I'm like, HOW THE HECK DID HE GET THAT ALL ONBOARD!!!?? I haven't been on Sovereign in 3 years but I'm so excited to go! I think I may bring one bottle in my carryon and maybe a six pack of 7up. That should do me good for a little while, considering they no longer do the drink card!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Buttercup,

This pic is from Sovereign the previous from Enchantment....

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

I don't think I'm taking into account that I'm flying into Florida and you already live there so the cooler as a carryon works for you but not me. I'll have to find a bigger suitcase for my shoes!
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Admiral

or have Dave the Wave, pack it for you at his house and meet you on the pier..All he would want for payment is an autographed picture of Brittany of which you could have any 13 year old girl fake Brittany's signature on her picture from the most recent National Inquirer (VBG)
Old December 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Admiral

That cooler is 6 inches wide. But you can get soft sided one and put in your luggage. I did that before but it leaked so I ended up keeping it in the shower so it would drain. That turned out to be goo though so I could have a beer while I was washing myself.

Venice, Britney may be coming on the cruise with me in May afterall. She said things with kevin shoud be over by then.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Dave..rumor has it that your girl is coming home for Mardi Gras ...I look forward to meeting both of you on Bourbon Street (you don't need to bring a cooler, I think we will have enough refreshments for you)..Maybe you should recquest that Royal Caribbean bring in the SOS so that there will be enough housing (VBG) and you are familiar with the ship
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Great idea! I am on my way! have they got the French Quarter all cleaned up yet?

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Admiral

the French Quarter was never damaged as was most of uptown on St Charles Avenue...it was the other side of the quarter (Gentilly, New Orleans East) that was wiped out

you and Brittany can be King and Queen on Fat Tuesday..I've already submitted your name to the Make A Wish Foundation with the stipulation that you make a large contribution to the organization (I told them you would pay for a cruise for a family of 4 to Disneyland)
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

That is great news Venice! My friends and I went to New Orleans this past May and had a blast! Howl at the Moon, Famous Door, Razzles, and Pat O'Briens were soooooo much fun! I want to come back down there soon but didn't know how the conditions were. Never got to see the Garden District and I'm upset because I heard the homes there were beautiful!

Are they going to start running cruises out of there anytime soon, because that would be right up my alley for my next cruise!

Dave the Wave, i think you're a much better looking person than that scumbag Kevin! He's so scruffy and dirty looking! Personal Hygiene...someone tell Kevin what it means! lol
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Thank you Buttercup! He is a freeloader!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old December 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Buttercup..you don't seem to get it (VBG)...Kevin is Dave the Wave's "out of wedlock " son, that he had with Brittany's mom many years ago (VBG) and when Kevin gets his own reality tv show, it will be revealed that he and Brittany are brother/sister and Dave is the father which makes for great tv ratings (VBG)

According to the local papers, the bigger ships will start returning to the Port of New Orleans in the fall cycle..You might want to try the paddle wheel boat American Queen that goes up the Mississippi for a different (but unique New Orleans flavor) 3-5 cruise

The Garden district is fine and outside of alittle trash, you would never know that there was a hurricane there..they took little if any water

come on down and visit real soon..you might think about Mardi Gras, it will be different this year (much smaller and time compacted) but it should be really special and you might see Dave the Wave on Bourbon street with Brittany (in disguise of course) (VBG)
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE:

Honestly, I think I'm still drunk from Famous Door and that's probably why I'm not getting it! lol

Can't do Mardi Gras this year, going to Vegas that weekend and have to save for the cruise in April. Maybe Spring 2007 I'll be down there. Can't wait!

Yeah we did the Natchez and that was pretty cool. I love GUMBO!!! Have to try that Hand Grenade next time!