Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Beginner

Default concierge service on voyager class ships

has anyone experienced this, is there a seperate bar/lounge???
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Passenger

Yes, we had the service in VOS. Well worth the money for us. Yes there is a seperate lounge, you have a seperate card that allows your enterance into the lounge. For example: they have a wonderful cont. breakfast.
They have cocktails with lots of hot finger foods, spring rolls, wings ect...
It's with all the drinks you could possibly drink from beer to champange and all mixtures as well. If you have this service your room has a DVD player, they have the movies in the lounge, He will get all you tickets for the ice show ect..shore exs. just ask he has access to it, thats why your paying the big bucks .. Use it..You can sit in the lounge and read play board games just go in for coffee or a beer. They even have a no kids time. Just adults only. That was nice before dinner. I can't stress enough, FREE DRINKS, on a cruise is unheard of, enjoy this private lounge and all it has to offer!!!!!!
Old January 1st, 2006, 05:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you tip the concierge and how much and when? Each time you use the room or at the end of the cruise or what?
Old January 2nd, 2006, 06:55 AM
Captain

We were on a 12-night Jewel OTS cruise recently, and because of the large number of Diamond level guests on board, they used not only the Concierge Lounge on deck 10, but also the Hollywood Odyssey lounge during cocktail hour. We used both lounges, and tipped each Concierge at the end of the cruise. I gave each of them $30. Other passengers were tipping as well, but I don't know how much they were giving.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are Diamond members.The lounge is great.Just a few things the concierge is not in the room all day,only from 5-8 pm and in the morning.As diamond members we do not get the DVD in our room only the suites.Coffee is available 24 hours a day but not all drinks.When the concierge is not in the room the the drinks are locked up.
We are sailing on the AOS on 1/22/06 and are hopeing that they have the two rooms because we enjoy on the sail aways to be on the upper deck to watch it.If there is just the one room you cannot see out side due to being on the inside of the ship.
I agree with the others the concierge will do what ever he can to help you,make sure you go to him on the first day and get your tickets for the ice show,you wont have to stand in line on the day they hand them out.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM
Passenger

My mistake about the DVD I forgot about the Diamond level
and anyone eles who has travel many times on RCC, (alot more than I have, I'm jealous) We did tip him at the end of the trip..all those envelopes they give you..Have a great trip.