Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Default Hotels near Port Canaveral? Cocoa Beach Hotels?

We are cruising on the Mariner of the Seas in February and are looking for ideas near the port. We cruised from there last year as well and stayed at a Comfort Inn (wasn't as nice as we would like...more like a motel and overpriced in our opinion). If anyone has any recommendations that are near the port/with a free shuttle and prices in the $100 per night range it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cruisinfool0309
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I agree with you about the Comfort Inn. I grew up in the area and we used them for our reunion. You have to book a room in the "newer" section if you want a nicer room. Many ppl will recommend the Radisson at the Port which is the closest hotel to the port. We enjoyed our stay but also thought they were over priced for the rooms and it gets very crowded on cruise day. People were shoving, yelling and pushing even with scheduled shuttle times. A taxi would be about $10/including tip. We prefer to stay at the Hampton Inn about 3 miles down A1A from the port. They have a nice pool, walkway to Cocoa Beach and a complimentary breakfast. If you book a room on the 8th floor, you can have a wonderful view of the ocean from your balcony. We had a rental from Budget - their return in only 1/4 mile south of the port. I also saw Art's Shuttle picking up ppl for $5/pp. If you arrive Saturday early enough, try and have dinner at Grills at the port and watch the other ships leave. Grills has a website with a 10% off coupon that we used and they have good food and music.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Hotels near Port Canaveral? Cocoa Beach Hotels?

We're sailing back to back January 29/February 5 on Mariner. Reserved a room at the Quality Suites in Cocoa Beach. $119/night and free parking and shuttle to the ship. The price is over the $100 mark you noted, but for us two weeks of free parking was attractive.
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Familiar Face

We also stayed at the Hampton Inn and it was very nice. We had a balcony which partially overlooked the ocean and the room was large, very clean and more than adequate. It also had a nice bathroom and a good Continental breakfast (complimentary), internet hookup, etc. We would stay there again and are going to try the one in Ft. Lauderdale for our next cruise.
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Passenger

I've read that a Residence Inn will be open in March and that it is even closer to the port than the Radisson. I have looked them up and they are taking reservations, but they say nothing about shuttles or "cruise" packages and they have no pictures of the property on the website yet.

Anyone know anything more than that???
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Passenger

If you want a WONDERFUL place to stay, check out The Inn at Cocoa Beach....... We stayed there two years ago. Great rooms, nice people. The best breakfast I've had in years. From 4:30 to 6 on the Breezeway they serve wine and cheese and crackers. We left our car there for the week and they provided us with the shuttle to the port and picked us up after the cruise. They have a pool, but also a gate that takes you right out to the beach. They also have a web site with pictures of the the place, rooms and views. I wish I could go back right now. Check it out.....