Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Default Enchantment since refurbishing

We're going on a cruise in May on the Enchantment (my first!). Does anyone know which cabins are in the new section? We're on Deck 7. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm so worried about seasickness!

Thanks.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I was on her in November and going again in May. See my photo galleries that I posted in November. Here is deck 7. The new ones are forward of the centrum about 6 cabins starting with 7070 through 7080 portside and corresponding on starboard and the 6 inside ones between.

PS When are you going in May? We are going the 22nd for 5 nights.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="Dave the Wave"]I was on her in November and going again in May. See my photo galleries that I posted in November. Here is deck 7. The new ones are forward of the centrum about 6 cabins starting with 7070 through 7080 portside and corresponding on starboard and the 6 inside ones between.

Dave, saw that you went on the Enchantment in Nov. We will be going in April. Could you give a quick rundown of the bars onboard? Are there one or two that are a little more happening than the others? All about the same size?

Thanks
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM
First Mate

before the "stretch" we had the cabin just next to the library & it was a great location--had a great view into the centrum--what an open feeling, plus use of the library--like our own living room. Next Dec. we have a JS in the new section--not quite sure of the cabin number... Enchantment is pretty much our favorite ship among all we have tried on Celeb & Royal--it really is enchanting--hope it does not lose that feelling in the "stretch"
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

We'll be in 7558 in April so it looks like we won't have a new room. Is OK though since I don't have anything to compare it to. How big are the balconies?
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

The new ones are the same as the old ones and may have a little different fixtures.

Banshee,

Main pool bar- the happening spot during the and around sundown.

Oasis pool bar- nice but non-smoking so not used as much

Poolbar in solarium- seldom open and rarely used

Viking crown- late night disco, late partiers and loud thumping obnoxious music at times

Show lounge- nice bar, kareoke and quest game and bingo in there

Schooner bar- one of my favorites for pre or after dinners drinks and piano bar

Boleros- latin themed, nice music and atmosphere, dancing

Champagne bar- bottom of centrum, nice didn't go there

I may have missed something but rest assured you will not go thirsty!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info Dave. Definately looking forward to checking out all of the above.
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dave, you seem to be kind of knowledgable about this stuff. We will be arriving more than 24 before we can embark. Do you have any suggestions for places to eat/drink/ things to do in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Our plane arrives 11:15 on friday and we don't sail until Sat. Thanks,
J
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Admiral

The times I have been out of Port Everglades, I just drove over that morning from ST Pete so haven't stayed there. Where are you staying? Is it near the port? I would go to the beach in the afternoon, find a good happy hour and some dinner and go back to the hotel room so you are refreshed in the morning. I would get to the port around 10:30 or so and be onboard before noon.

Have a great time!

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Dave,

Thanks for all you answers. Unfortunately, we're sailing the week before you in May, so we'll be ending our fun and you'll just be beginning!

Linds
Old January 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
The times I have been out of Port Everglades, I just drove over that morning from ST Pete so haven't stayed there. Where are you staying? Is it near the port? I would go to the beach in the afternoon, find a good happy hour and some dinner and go back to the hotel room so you are refreshed in the morning. I would get to the port around 10:30 or so and be onboard before noon.

Have a great time!
Thanks Dave, We will be staying at the Bahia Mar which has a walkway from the hotel to the beach. I think it's 3 miles from the Port. The hotel gets mixed reviews on the net but for the price, it couldn't be beat. Really just looking for a place to crash for the night. Not like I am spending a week there or anything. Have been trying to get someinfo about local establishments. Pubs, restaurants, etc....can't seem to get a lot of info though.
Old January 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
First Mate

There are a number of places along the 17th Street causeway & more restaurants along the beach drive & along Las Olas. Just search for these areas among Ft Laudedale restaurants...
Old January 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcat
There are a number of places along the 17th Street causeway & more restaurants along the beach drive & along Las Olas. Just search for these areas among Ft Laudedale restaurants...
Thanks hcat, are you familiar w/ the area that the hotel is in? Are there places that are in walking distance or would we have to take a cab? Someone else mentioned the water taxi....any experience with this?

Thanks again.

Jay
Old January 9th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Passenger

We used the water taxi the last time we were there and it was great. $5.00 for the day. Los Olas Blvd is a nice place to go for a walk and dinner. We stayed at the Renassance Hotel and it wasn't to far to walk to the water taxi.
Old January 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Passenger

lindsmatt - We will be sailing on the Enchantment this spring and have cabin 7081. It is one of the new ones. I don't like the ocean view ones and my husband doesn't stay put long enough to make use of a balcony, so an inside cabin works great for us. We requested one of the new ones from our travel agent and she was able to get us one. Have a great cruise!
Old January 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
First Mate

we are more familiar with area around the Amerisuites whihc is back from the water...right near that hotel & Embassy suites are several nice places to eat--Mexican & a Chucks steakhouse. & a tavern type place..also walkable to a mall with a nice liquor store etc. We have walked to the water area several blocks away to the Bimini Boatyard for lunch--hot in the sun to walk there & so so menu--others seem to like it alot. & we have walked to the Hyatt (I think it's the Hyatt) where they have a neat revolving bar & great views of everything...can't be much helo though as to the Bahia Mar specifically....have fun!
Old January 27th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Passenger

What about the 2nd deck? What are the new cabin numbers there? Thanks for any help!
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandlinda
lindsmatt - We will be sailing on the Enchantment this spring and have cabin 7081. It is one of the new ones. I don't like the ocean view ones and my husband doesn't stay put long enough to make use of a balcony, so an inside cabin works great for us. We requested one of the new ones from our travel agent and she was able to get us one. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tip. After reading this post I called our TA and she moved us to 7074 which I believe is also in the new section.
Old January 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Passenger

We were thinking of going in September. Dave, do you know what cabins on Deck 4 are new? We were thinking of an inside 4877?
8/02 Majesty of the Seas
Old January 30th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

The new cabins start about 50-60' forward of the Centrum and the new section is only 73' which is 6-7 cabins on either side. It is hard to tell from this picture but it appears that may be a new cabin along with the row of yellow ones. It looks like the two handicapped, the pinks ones in line with them and the yellow ones are the new section. They really are no different or better than the olds ones except for a little different fixtures.

PS I booked an inside on deck 8 #8089 for $1829 for 3 of us including all taxes and port charges back in Nov for the May 22 sailing. I have seen the price go up over $300 since I put a deposit.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08